Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got an 08 khyber frame. Build is on the ultra cheap because I simply don't have the sort of income where I can go out and drop a grand on a bike. So the build will be pretty much this:
08 khyber frame with xfusion 02RL dual chamber
rock shox tora 130mm coil uturn with motion controll
mid level SRAM 9spd drivetrain and
SRAM thumb trigger shifters from my current upgraded POS
raceface ride xc cranks, I need a bash ring for them. Also off my pos
salsa stem and seatpost
Easton riser bar
avid bb7 185mm front 160 rear with old school shimano lx vbrake levers, hope it works ok.
I don't remember the specifics on my current wheelset, but they are ok. And will be upgraded later.

So yep, we will see how it goes. I am going to pick up a couple items at the LBS tonight, and try to determine the proper spindle length for the bottom bracket.

· Registered
1 Posts
Front suspension

Do an effort and try to get a 160mm fork, the bike really feels at its best on 160.

I have a Talas so its 100-130-160. I sometimes use the 130 for long climbs. 100 feels very wierd... 160 is the best for this frame.

· Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep... Eventually a longer travel fork will be in the picture. I am just pretty far from being able to drop 300+ dollars on a new fork. At this point the brakes seem fine to me... The old school lx levers with the adjustable leverage set at medium are incredible. However we will see what happens when I get it on a long DH... So far I like the bike a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.