Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a great deal on the bike I think. Was thinking 29er after talking to other dealers and riders but couldn't pass up this deal. So here i am and a little pumped! Read some reviews and found that one of the main cons with the bike are the tires in muddy or wet conditions suck. I will most likely spend quite alot of time riding that crap and have no clue what tire would work good for this bike. Any suggestions for a good upgrade would be appreciated. any other set up tips would be sweet as well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
217 Posts
If the tires really do suck, then just take them off and use them as a back up tire or maybe even sell them. Get yourself some Maxxis Ardent 2.4 or smaller if you are concerned about weight. They are the best all around tire and really work well in wet conditions. I currently have them on my RIP 9 and I am also thinking of getting them on my other bike as well. Another good tire would be the Continental Mountain king. I haven't tried them out yet, but I heard great things about them. WTB and Kenda also make decent tires, so be sure to check them out, but I am seriously recommending those Ardent's!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If the tires really do suck, then just take them off and use them as a back up tire or maybe even sell them. Get yourself some Maxxis Ardent 2.4 or smaller if you are concerned about weight. They are the best all around tire and really work well in wet conditions. I currently have them on my RIP 9 and I am also thinking of getting them on my other bike as well. Another good tire would be the Continental Mountain king. I haven't tried them out yet, but I heard great things about them. WTB and Kenda also make decent tires, so be sure to check them out, but I am seriously recommending those Ardent's!!! sounds good i will try those ardents once the snow melts. I have yet to try the bike with the bontragers but almost every review that had a negative was about the wet and muddy lack of traction of those tires. got to be something there. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.