Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
'Calm Down'
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nothing to see here. :)

Here's the latest Quiring to leave Charlotte Michigan, picked it up Friday night after work. Scott really did a outstanding job. The fit is perfect, handling is spot on, and he did a great job on all the details.

Basic Spec:
  • Quiring Ti 29er w/ slider dropouts
  • - Built to be run as Single Speed or 1 x 9 only. (No front derailleur fittings.)
  • - Paragon flanged slider dropouts. (Scott normally uses the tabbed version with bullets.)
  • - Front facing seat tube slot (Not normal for Scott).
  • - Media Blasted panel "decals".
  • White Brothers Magic 29 100mm QR Fork (2007 44mm rake version).
  • Hope Headset
  • Jones Bar
  • Formula Oro K24 brake set.
  • MikeSee built wheels - King Hubs & Salsa Delgado disc rims.
  • Etc Etc.

First dirt was this morning at Poto with a few buddies, including Mr. SBK himself on his "Punisher" Quiring. The ride was great with no major post build adjustments needed. (Well, that is until I was thrown down by a root.) :rolleyes:

I'm one happy camper. Now I just need more time to ride. :(

jw

Note: Special thanks to SBK for changing my mind about not "needing" a new bike this year and the inspiration of his Quiring. ;)

-

Attachments

·
'Calm Down'
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Note to Padre - The post is temp until I figure out which straight post I want/need. The frame was built with a slacker seat tube angle for just that reason. :thumbsup:

jw

tvrbob86 said:
That is beautiful!

How many posts before Padre tells you it's too small for you because you need a laid back post?

·
'Calm Down'
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Interlectchewal
1,170 Posts
GrumpyOne said:
Think I might have to hold out for one of these: Eriksen "SweetPost"

Or another of these (have one on the Chester): Race Face Next SL

Assuming the wife lets me buy anymore bike parts anytime soon of course. ;)

jw
The Eriksen is great, too.

I'm sure you're aware, but the setback of that RaceFace post is only 3.3mm less than your Thomson, and in my humble (but absolutely correct) opinion, the Thomson looks much cleaner.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Another beauty from Scott. Care to share the geometry numbers with us?

I'd especially love to hear about your HT Angle, ETT, seatpost angle and standover height with that 100mm fork. Oh and if you've got the bb height and chainstay length - I'd love those too!:thumbsup:

·
HMFIC
370 Posts
Grump's new ride is suh-weeeet. :thumbsup:

I think I broke the 11th Commandment (thou shalt not covet another man's sweet hooded dropouts and/or tricky Formula brakes) about 15 times today. They look great on that bike.

SS'ing at Poto was a riot. Thanks to jw and his buddy for having mercy on my noobie-SS wimpy-legged hack-butcher riding. I didn't hit the ground today, but it wasn't for lack of tryin'! :D

I'm digging the Moots Ti post on The Punisher, but those Eriksen posts are darned nice... :nono: If jw goes that way I may have to expand the scope of my interpretation of the 11th Commandment.

·
'Calm Down'
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Padre said:
I'm guessing 23lbs?
Good guess, it's 23lbs on the nose. Didn't weigh the frame alone, I was to excited to build it.

MMcG said:
Another beauty from Scott. Care to share the geometry numbers with us?
I'd especially love to hear about your HT Angle, ETT, seatpost angle and standover height with that 100mm fork. Oh and if you've got the bb height and chainstay length - I'd love those too!:thumbsup:
Thanks.

Geometry is a personal thing. Scott and I came up with the geometry based on information from 3+ big wheeled frames I've owned or ridden (likes and dislikes). So what works for me might not work for anyone else. With that said:
- ETT is 23.5"
- Head Angle is 71deg
- Seat tube is 72deg
- BB Height is 12"
- Standover at mid TT is 31.5"
- Chainstays are currently at 17.25"

jw

·
'Calm Down'
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I put a deposit down the base price was $1500 plus any extras (ie Paragon flanged slider dropouts). He was talking about a price increase though, so you should contact him for current pricing.

jw

readingracing said:
what did it cost there's nothing on his site about ti.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.