Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I realize I may be behind the fashion curve :rolleyes: as far as the white wheels go, but I have been wanting to build this bike for a while. So, here is another KM for your viewing pleasure. No multiple angle shots but there you go.

I have Kevlar Nevegals on this bike. Does anyone know how well these tires work on a tubeless conversion? The lower psi made a big difference on my last ride.

Attachments

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that you mention it

It does look like a BUSS. Maybe that is why I thought about putting on some gold Pro Tapers for about half a second.

·
Just Ride!
806 Posts
Looks fast even w/ the white rims;). I'm starting to dig that color. I bought mine at Speedgoat during their sale(how can you say no to a sub $ 300.00 frameset) and I was wondering about the color but it's sure is growing on me. I'll post pics soon.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please do. I never get tired of bike smut. I joke about the brown frame but I think the color is great. I'm really happy with the whole bike except for the bars. The Fleegles are not for me.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
jsnk1975 said:
Now, I realize I may be behind the fashion curve :rolleyes: as far as the white wheels go, but I have been wanting to build this bike for a while. So, here is another KM for your viewing pleasure. No multiple angle shots but there you go.

I have Kevlar Nevegals on this bike. Does anyone know how well these tires work on a tubeless conversion? The lower psi made a big difference on my last ride.
Hi, what size og monkey is this:confused: thanks,

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fleegle Bar

Jury is still out on them... It feels like I strained a tendon in my wrist and I think the bars have more to do with this than the fact that I am riding rigid (I had another rigid I rode breifly without any problem).

I think my hand position on these bars on longer rides has caused some wrist pain but I am (perhaps foolishly) going to put more time on them and see if it is just a matter of getting used to it.

The bike is a medium btw Bullit.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Diggin' this post back up...

Don't you know white is "in" again??? There are some white freeride and dirt jump wheel sets now, and look at the Fox 32 forks; they are white for 2007. So you are actually ahead of the fashion curve:thumbsup:

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Polk said:
Diggin' this post back up...

Don't you know white is "in" again??? There are some white freeride and dirt jump wheel sets now, and look at the Fox 32 forks; they are white for 2007. So you are actually ahead of the fashion curve:thumbsup:
I'm so ahead of the curve that I already have this bike listed on ebay! It was fun to build but honestly, I'll never ride it. It beats me up too much compared to my RacerX and that is the bike I find myself wanting to ride when I have the chance. To each his own though. Some people love the ride a bike like this offers (you can fly on these - surprised me a little). Anyway, someone who wants a very sweet SS 29er is about to get one! If I had the money for a Sultan I would be keeping those wheels. They feel great and look incredible.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't be those guys

I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume your kidding. If you really are that lame step away from the computer and go ride your bike (any bike will do).

My brother owns a bike shop btw and there are still plenty of "big boy" bikes for me to ride. I rode a Hary Mary SS the other day (nice bike) and we are building up a couple of Sultans (one for demo) so I will get plenty of time on that one too. Like I said, I wouldn't choose the KM as my main ride - don't go getting your knickers in a bunch. :nono:

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's what I assumed but you never can tell (especially on mtbr). Sorry CharacterZero but it already sold. I'm about to sink more money into my Titus before next race season since I sold this bike.

Is that a marathon on the front of that other KM? Next SS I build will have to include front suspension. I have had the last two rigid and it's just not for me. I won't argue that they are great for some though.

TeamDicky is local to me and he gets plenty of respect in my book. He does Ultra Endurance races on TOUGH courses on a rigid (SS) like it's nothing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.