Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
My cup runneth over
2,429 Posts
No need to be offended...

Like Squeaks I had an 18 mile 70 degree ride on the CO F/R Saturday. This is how it looks Sunday morning. 1 foot and still counting.

Should make the rest of you (snow-bounders) feel a little better :)

Will post again in about a week when it is all gone and we are riding in t-shirts again :D

Attachments

·
FleshwoundGravityResearch
1,285 Posts
rmac said:
No need to be offended...

Like Squeaks I had an 18 mile 70 degree ride on the CO F/R Saturday. This is how it looks Sunday morning. 1 foot and still counting.

Should make the rest of you (snow-bounders) feel a little better :)

Will post again in about a week when it is all gone and we are riding in t-shirts again :D
The worst part is I too live on the CO front range, but all I could do was sit out in the 70 degree weather wishing I could ride.

·
My cup runneth over
2,429 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Here in Loveland we only got about 3". With temps back in the 60s by Tuesday I expect to be riding on Weds.
Out of deference to those 70 mile south of you, getting close to 2 feet of snow, you should wait until May :D

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
I don't even want to gloat about how nice the weather was in Georgia this weekend. The only dusting we have is green pollen on everything. It could be worse. I grew up in Loveland and one of the biggest snows we ever received while I was there was in the second week of May. I think we had over 36" in town and the foothills had over 4 feet of wet, heavy snow. Luckily it was gone in no time.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Whoa! That's some serious spring snowfall. Sposed to be sunny and upper 40's in Anchorage today. There is almost no snow on the ground right now. :D Its mostly just the big piles in parking lots from the plows.

·
Bodhisattva
10,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lidarman said:
Squeeks, How does the pack do on the steepest part of the backbone climb. You know, right where that tight turn is?
You must mean Heart Attack Ridge ;)

No problems. As I approach the big climb I dial down the TALAS on the 36, scoot forward on the saddle & give it some gas. I have no problem clearing anything on the Bone with either my Pack or Hammerhead but find that I actually have an easier time with the Pack on some of the steeper rock faces due to the stiffness of the fork, the extra BB clearance & the additional travel.

You're welcome to drive up one day & give it a go. I'll be happy to play rabbit on my HH.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.