Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chilling out
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One typical day at Blue Marsh Lake, minor mud puddles here and there, couple larger ones, nothing problematic.

BUT, was one pretty fall day for sure...

No sign of hunters, kind-of

But this trip had a new Victim, I'm pretty sure he had a good day - but may be needing a couple recovery days as this was a pretty long haul for him!

There was however one significant trail obstacle, this here wooden structure ...

... should have been located elsewhere ...

... which led to some old-school solution preparations ...

... and application!

Note to self, don't miss the signs on the trail!

Geeze I hope this sign doesn't catch someone by surprise. ;^)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Great day riding and I'm not (entirely) crippled today. Biggest problem is that my stomach was a bit raw all day (yesterday), so I haven't been able to eat and refuel properly yet. I mean a coffee cup of chicken-noodle soup isn't quite "recovery" in my book. But, I'm trickling some nutrients in. The knee that started acting up is actually loosening up and I've just got some random aches.

Great stuff! Did I mention that the ride was just completely killer, enjoyable -- great weather, awesome cranking track. The "Mountain Biking in PA" Falcon book has an elevation grid. It's a complete fabrication and a fraud. I'm kidding, but it is at too course a scale ... so all the short (steep) climbs, get washed out. Fortunately, bear's graph tells the tale of the trail.

Thanks bear!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Next time you guys come down this way, let me know,..maybe I can tag along.(unless you have Lance Armstrong kind of speed on the trail ...,that is)Would be nice to meet you Bear,...you gave me some good Moab advice awhile back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.