Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not my video.

One of the guys who went made it :thumbsup: Now I'm feeling sorry for myself because I wasn't fit for the kind of distances they did, and only managed a 2 hour ride on my side of town :madman:

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From comments on a local forum, people did have a good time, even the girl with the new chainring "tattoo" :thumbsup: The nice weather surely didn't hurt either.

(there were lots of people in lots of groups out there that day, so some mechanicals and minor scrapes are inevitable)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Awesome trail! Looks like a load of fun to ride. :thumbsup:

I can't get over how narrow the camera person's handlebar is. So used to seeing wide bars these days I guess. :D

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No mountains, but lots of rocks. Looks like great MTB country
Yep, we don't get the multi-hour climbs followed by long descents. It is always short ups and downs following each other.

One great thing about this corner of the world is the almost unlimited access to any undeveloped land :) I'm free to go anywhere, as long as it isn't somebody's garden or a cultivated field. Lots of trail options everywhere.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like a great time to me, I MTN bike here in Florida of all places.....at least a 14 hour drive to the nearest real mountain so i sympathize with you, but 20 min to Santos/ Greenway trails, about 90miles worth of trails. I suspect our RED trails would be moderate everywhere else.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
at least a 14 hour drive to the nearest real mountain so i sympathize with you
Now that I think about it, I've never ridden on a "real mountain". I suppose a long descent can be great fun but I don't really miss long climbs :p

Where I feel I'm a real winner is the amount of easily accessible trail options. Living near the edge of a town of 200,000+ people, I can just get my bike out, pick a direction, and hit the first piece of trail in less than a minute. Then I keep connecting trails for an hour or eight.

Here's a couple of samples:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts