Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Winters on here in Wisconsin pretty hard. We've got about a foot of snow outside. I've been riding with the local shop every Sat. morn, Beating down a trail at the local park. Put on Exi's front and rear at a ridiculously low(for me) 18psi. I'm quite surprised at how well they plow thrown the snow! Other riders are on wide 26" rims and 2.5+ tires, but they've noticed that I'm having an easier time of it, non-chalantly motoring along. Oh yeah, they're all jonesin for the 9er action! One has already grabbed a Monkey! That low a psi on the road is s l o w though. I'll tell ya that. But still, its damned fun to be out riding in 20 degree weather, whilste all the other chodes are chillin' inside suckin' down pig knuckles!

God I love beer!

I love you guys man!

hehe.

Attachments

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
Marty -

Yeah, it is fun to be "out in it". The wife and I rode the 7.5 mile round-trip to and fro a friends birthday party Thursday night. It was cold...our friends think we are nuts...great ride.

BTW - I used your chainstay "massage" trick today on an old beater frame of mine. Fun el-cheapo scorcher-ish project - I'll post pics over the weekend.

Life is good...

LP

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice, Martini. That riding shot is great! Fork blades fluttering away. I don't miss that snow one bit. Still have the cold though. Went for a spin out here today and had to look down at my feet to make sure they were still attached to the ankles. Got off the bike & the fellas were frozen to my frickin thigh! What the...? This is Colorado, winters were supposed to be mild! The tufo 28's were doin great through the snow, but once they hit the ice, it was all over. Maybe a 29er would be just the thing. A Mountain Goat Whiskeytown 29er 4 spd, now that might be something... ;)

mmmm, pig knuckles... & honey mead....

I wonder why the pretty blonde lady always screams when she gets in king kongs hand. I mean she just climbed in there herself...

703 Posts
whiskeytown

flyingsuperpetis said:
Maybe a 29er would be just the thing. A Mountain Goat Whiskeytown 29er 4 spd, now that might be something... ;)...
two things...I've found Exi's to be excellent in the snow also, they shed the snow really well in sticky conditions.

I have a 26" Mountain Goat Whiskeytown (orange and green) in my shop right now, being converted to SS for a friend. Such a sweet frame, I'd snap up a 29" version in a heartbeat.

D

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We both know that the WT wouldn't make a 29", but that's not the point. The point is that 29"ers are the 'new' retro. Yep, you heard it here first! I, being of sound mind and alcohol induced judgement have declared that 29"ers are retro-chic. I think that's why I like mine and so many others on this board.

Think about it. The majority of them are steel, rigid, built by hand one at a time, and inexplicably SS. Not that SS is retro or anything, but they have that retro 'feel'. Most, if not all, of the most revered historical MTB's are steel, and rigid, and built by hand one by one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
~martini~ said:
We both know that the WT wouldn't make a 29", but that's not the point. The point is that 29"ers are the 'new' retro. Yep, you heard it here first! I, being of sound mind and alcohol induced judgement have declared that 29"ers are retro-chic. I think that's why I like mine and so many others on this board.

Think about it. The majority of them are steel, rigid, built by hand one at a time, and inexplicably SS. Not that SS is retro or anything, but they have that retro 'feel'. Most, if not all, of the most revered historical MTB's are steel, and rigid, and built by hand one by one.
Marty,
Where the heck are you livin now?

See you in Madison?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.