Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some of the other threads with honest questions, I'm sure I will get a "Wrong forum" remark. However I was not entirely sure where to post it. So here is my question- As I scan through all of the end of year threads (great posts by the way) I was admiring all of the photos taken. My digital takes decent stills but because of the fact it takes a half hour after I push the button for the Shutter to open, it is impossible to take action shots. (a slight exaggeration, but annoying all the same) What digital cameras do you use? I understand that some of you are professional photographers whose cameras are most likely out of my price range, but hit me with them all I'll research the best in my range after.
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep, some PS ( Point and Shoot) have a bigger delay than others but they all are a challange to catch action. All of the cameras that support changing lens's ( not add on addapters) will have a fast shutter release a example is a Cannon Rebel, and yes even a good used one is going to put you back at least $500 to $ 1,000.

All you can do is try to allow for the delay and shoot at a wider angle to allow some margin for error.

Rick

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
xtrememaniak said:
After reading some of the other threads with honest questions, I'm sure I will get a "Wrong forum" remark. However I was not entirely sure where to post it. So here is my question- As I scan through all of the end of year threads (great posts by the way) I was admiring all of the photos taken. My digital takes decent stills but because of the fact it takes a half hour after I push the button for the Shutter to open, it is impossible to take action shots. (a slight exaggeration, but annoying all the same) What digital cameras do you use? I understand that some of you are professional photographers whose cameras are most likely out of my price range, but hit me with them all I'll research the best in my range after.
Thanks
do a search for digital camera on this forum. the question of what camera do you use has been asked and answered many times.

rt

·
Dude...
1,309 Posts
I hear the fuji f30 is pretty good for action shots. Low noise at high sensitivity and low shutter lag.. Havn't actually used one though..

Working on your timing help too, push the button halfway down to prefocus on the spot the rider is going to be, then push the button a little before they are there..

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think your best bet is to go to a camera store and tell them what you want to I am sure they will help you out. I wouldn't go to a bestbuy or big box place just because most times it is some punk kid who problay doesn't know that much. Also check out www.dpreview.com realy indepth tests.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Yep

*rt* said:
do a search for digital camera on this forum. the question of what camera do you use has been asked and answered many times.rt
It's asked about every other day or so. Here is a recent one: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=259444
And after that they ask how you carry it?
Here is a hint: if you see a photo you like save it and right click on it (in Windows) and the properties will usually tell you what camera was used.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
a tip: well you did get a couple of replies just as good as wrong forum from a couple of the regulars. next time if you think you're off topic just put the actual subject---like, "looking for a camera"--at least that way those guys might ignore instead.

a canon rebel is good. but when i ride i just use an inexpensive kodak digital smallish cam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.