Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Was that bike at Maverick last week? I saw one just like it when I was there talking to Mike and Chris.

It's crazy how much interest Maverick had in that frame last year at InterBike. It was funny to see people's faces when they told them they were not building hardtails that it was a Spot.

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
AM Octopus said:
it was a Spot.
Now I see the spot sticker on the TT. Spot has some kinda attachment/detachment behind the BB to slip the belt in eh? I'll just use the search and see for myself.

EDIT: "Open rear triangle" at the track end. Cool. Those belts working better these days? I heard they were not so great at first.

·
nothing less than a biker
34 Posts
that's a sweet one. I have the belt & longboard too and just love it!
BTW, the split frames is a real magic, no problems at all with the belt and I have already something like 400 Km on it.

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Duzitall said:
Now I see the spot sticker on the TT.

Belt system ROCKS! Once properly setup a human being cannot break it. I sold a tandem CDS timing set last Saturday. The grips are a bit hard; used to Ourys but got them free @ the Growler in Gunnison this May. There are 5 total Spot made Lonboards custom painted by Spectrum Powderworks in Colorado Springs. Dale @ Oskar Blues has #1 which was at Interbike 2008. The fence is different colours due to sprinklers hitting it over time and that section is south facing.

The 36* DT Swiss star ratchets are Awesome!

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Duzitall said:
LOL, you have to forgive me these days, I've had swine flu for a week so far :mad:
Cheers!

:thumbsup:

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
CRAZY FRED said:
You too? This has been one of the worst weeks of my life....Crazy sick.........CF.
Yup, had a slight cold for about 4 days, got a little better then WAM, it hit me hard. I been tits down for the last 7 days :madman: Low level fever and bad cough still harassing me but it feels like I'll get a ride in this weekend :thumbsup:

I'm gonna have to ride one of these belt drive Longboards.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Scoty,
As always, you have the nicest toys in the neighborhood - though living where you - do you better!

So you must've enjoyed building up the Duster rims on my DT hubs so much you went and did a set for yourself ;-) - It's a shame I can't get that 36* start ratchet for my Onyx hub...

What brakes are you runnin'?

Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts