Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's just say I'm enjoying what this thing can do. So much so, that I decided to try flats for the first time. I ordered a set of the Twenty6 Ti Rallye flats and they were supposed to arrive this morning (pre-ride), but of course our shipping system failed me, once again. I threw on the DX's that came with the bike and my new sweet 510 Impact Lows. Headed out with full intentions of seeing what I could do in my new setup and on my new ride. This is the most free rideish trail system that we have in the area so I couldn't wait to see what was new or freshly built. Just so happens they added another 15' to the landing of the ladder drop that used to be a 8' rolloff, not so much anymore. They also built a bench for spectators. I had total confidence in my new steed but the pedals had me a bit concerned. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I got my new decals for the DT and they look sweeeet, pics to follow when I get the twenty6's. I got a couple of buddies to video and take still shots and here's what happened... :thumbsup:

p.s. Make sure you click on the "watch in high quality" tab under the video.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ladder is, actually, pretty solid. The 1st attempt was scary. The "gallery" thought i was done for. Second attempt was with morte speed and it was budda. You have to remember that this used to be a pedal off 8' - 10' drop. Now it's a whole new level of grapes to go off. The speed gets whacked because you have to turn to get to the ladder so you aren't quite sure that you have enough speed. Luckily, I have that switch that I can shut off that says "STOP!"

p.s. What are you doing up so early lurking? You must be jonesing for your new FB!??? Got snow yet?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I'm always up early

I am jonesing for the FB, I talked with Pivot the other day and they arent shipping until mid January. We got a few inches of snow in Reno yesterday and about 6-8" in Tahoe, big storm coming in tonight though, up to a foot in Reno, over two in the mountains.

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
That looks fun - thanks for sharing!

I switched over to flat pedals a couple years ago and haven't looked back. I've got Straitlines on the V-Tach and Xpedo Pteros on the Endorphin - both excellent pedals. Your shins are gonna hate you for awhile, but after some time you won't even notice huge leg gashes until someone points out that you are massively bleeding! :)

I wonder if we're ever going to see the Karve pedals from Knolly? Noel?

·
Perpetual Hack
2,193 Posts
Carving Away

Regarding the Carve Pedals.

Some of us here were on a list for a pre-production run that were supposed to be out beginning of last summer (08). Doing a little final field testing before full production was to begin. I was talking to Noel via e-mail recently and I asked about the status of the pedals...here is what he had to say - hopefully he does not mind me sharing.

"3. Carve Pedals: we've actually decided not to pursue this project: The pedals ARE awesome and we're really stoked on them, but we did the full analysis of what it would take to bring these to market and in the end we decided that we're a frame manufacturer, not a component manufacturer at this time. However, there is possibly another (well known) cycling industry company that may take on the manufacturing of these pedals and bring them to market. That would actually be a better overall solution because this other company that would potentially manufacture these would be in a way better position to do this and bring these pedals to market. I think it would be better for everyone involved. So, unfortunately no Carve pedals from us, but hopefully in the not too distant future, they'll be available with much better distribution and pricing than we could offer."

Ya, I'm bummed, I was looking forward to a set. However before the Carves came about, he recommended the Dark Cycle Arachnid, which I currently run - and am very happy with both the performance and his rec.

Michael

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I got my new decals for the DT and they look sweeeet, pics to follow when I get the twenty6's.

The pics of the new pedals and decals! :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.