Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And yes, I already searched some stuff, just have other questions.

So I'm on a fairly tight budget for a DC fork. Just won this off E-bay for a pretty good price. Enough that if I end up springing to upgrade one side to Super T cartridges, I still will have only spent about the same as to buy a similar decent shape Super anyhow.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=7148489827

So I've got some adjustable preload, and rebound. And an air cart on one side. I wanted to run air in one side anyhow, so I'm set there.

Seems like (from searching) the key to getting any decent performance out of a Junior is to run some lighter oil (I'd go down to 5wt.) and drill out the stock carts slightly. I'm coming off a Z-150, and am not really sure how much difference to expect, or if I'll really even notice. I'm not racing or anything; it'll be used during summer lift season, shuttle rides, and the once in a while pathetic huck attempt days.

Any other tips to maximize Junior T performance? If it ends up sucking, then yeah, I'll just go ahead and buy a Super cart for the one side.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
singletrack said:
I'd just get the cartridge. You'll be alot happier, especially coming from a cart fork.

BTW, I think you'll want to run a DC full time once you try one. At least on the 67.
i suspect you're right on running it full time, at least on that bike. probably keep the z-150 around as a backup.

i like to tinker and mod stuff, so i'll probably play with it a bit first. at least a ride or two at hall, to get a feel for it. probably drill it and try it that way a ride or two. then have larry (ventanarama/mtn high cyclery) get me the cart.

i still ride the hardtail and my SS the majority of the time anyhow. so if the 67 stay DC all the time, i think i can deal with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.