Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
At a little audit no one in my group wanted ... Milford, Massachusetts. Let's check Trailforks ... What have we here?!?!? Vietnam trails considered by many around these parts to be the best thing local. Okay, not sounding too bad. Local shop didn't rent bikes but a few towns over Landrys had a Megatower with my name on it ($100/day ouch!)

The guys in the shop were awesome and said that yes indeed Vietnam is a bit of a local gem. One dude said, get ready for big features... He wasn't lying! Drove out to the trailhead and was quickly on my way.

This place had large drops, huge jumps, long bridges with skinnies in the middle for fun. I rode about 10 miles and was quite impressed with what I saw and rode. There was a quite a bit above my pay grade but I am progressing and took on some of the bigger rock rolls and drops. The gap jumps on a solo blind ride was a no no but still managed to bust out some pretty big airs.

If you're ever in Boston or surrounding area, this place is work a stop!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anyone have any info on the conditions of Hole in the Ground in Truckee? Headed that way tomorrow and a friend recommended it, but not sure if it's clear yet. Plan on riding Auburn on Wednesday, Truckee on Thursday, and then Tahoe until Sunday.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Rode this year's OCC beginner loop again. Open areas were definitely drier than last week, but still firm and not dusty. Under trees was still nice and damp, possibly even squishier than last week due to the morning drizzle. Also, so far I've pulled 3 ticks off me this morning, so checks those "mud splatters" on your legs carefully, because they're out and they blend in.

Edit: 4 ticks. One sneaky little bastard was hiding inside one of my bike shoes.

·
loopy counter
872 Posts
Did a 20 mile loop in Grant Ranch today. 90 degrees... subjectively cooler, but it was just me and the cows out there.

I haven’t visited in 20 years or so, now I remember why. That place is steep and bumpy AF.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Did a 20 mile loop in Grant Ranch today. 90 degrees... subjectively cooler, but it was just me and the cows out there.

I haven't visited in 20 years or so, now I remember why. That place is steep and bumpy AF.
Yeah, I keep forgetting why I don't ride certain places too, but keep making the same mistakes every year from trying to mix my rides up. Short term memory. lol.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts

I haven't visited in 20 years or so, now I remember why. That place is steep and bumpy AF.
That place is such a wasted opportunity. I used to race there 25 years ago in the Sizzler Classic.

I've hiked there a couple times with my folks.

Since that place is ebike legal, I'll give that a shot. A little out of the way but th views are great and the wildflowers are poppin.

Pretty darn good camping spot too.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Rode this year's OCC beginner loop again. Open areas were definitely drier than last week, but still firm and not dusty. Under trees was still nice and damp, possibly even squishier than last week due to the morning drizzle. Also, so far I've pulled 3 ticks off me this morning, so checks those "mud splatters" on your legs carefully, because they're out and they blend in.

Edit: 4 ticks. One sneaky little bastard was hiding inside one of my bike shoes.
Where's OCC?

I want to head back out to Coe but only after the tick invasion.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Old Cabin Classic race route at Wilder Ranch. Comparing my time to the times of the racers in the beginner category I question their qualifications as beginners, or, more likely, what tier is below beginner that I fall in. :lol:

·
Registered
490 Posts
After work ride in Auburn. Hit all the stages of next weeks Mammoth Bar Enduro: Culvert, Stonewall/Rocky, Eastside, and Confluence. The weather and trails were , I hope it's not too hot on race day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
loopy counter
872 Posts
Did the big loop out to Bear Mountain in Coe. 38 miles. Wasn't planning on going so far, but I talked myself into it.

The Chamise is off the hook out there, literally square miles of bloom. Extraordinary. Here's one photo near the start of the "easy" roller coaster section on Bear Mountain.
Vegetation Mountainous landforms Plant community Hill Slope

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
After work ride in Auburn. Hit all the stages of next weeks Mammoth Bar Enduro: Culvert, Stonewall/Rocky, Eastside, and Confluence. The weather and trails were , I hope it's not too hot on race day!

Nice Parkmeister! Long time no hear!!

·
Registered
745 Posts

How in the hell you only burn 900 calories on that ride?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.