Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have nothing speciall to share with the tribe but I wanted to remind all Nick's recent weekly thread.
I had a short/1 hour ride yesterday in the reserve close to my home. Very intensive!, + it is very hooooooooooooooot here even at 7 pm (well I guess the guys from AZ can discount the heat here but they don't have as humid weather).
Jumped much and at very different places and feel more natural with it over time.
Love the bike and even delayed my decision to get bigger tires as I am still somewhat a weight wienny.
Plan to go to the local AM / free ride Mecca tommorrow morning before it is to hot.
Let's see.
Have a nice weekend yaa'l
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,806 Posts
I am staying around SB... but might have a big ride on Sunday... let's see..

on the big tire topic.. I just received a Big Betty 2.4.. looks huge!!! I will mount it up this afternoon :D
 

·
trail "cleaner"
Joined
·
1,382 Posts
dedicating Sunday's ride to Belay Slave

Me and a couple of my crew members are going to Sedona AZ on Sunday. I've got a sweet 25 miler planned that'll have views like this.... Belay will be in my thoughts.
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,806 Posts
AZmtncycler said:
Me and a couple of my crew members are going to Sedona AZ on Sunday. I've got a sweet 25 miler planned that'll have views like this.... Belay will be in my thoughts.
wow.. sweet terrain, AZmtncycler... take lots of pics and post back please ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crisillo said:
wow.. sweet terrain, AZmtncycler... take lots of pics and post back please ;)
Yap, Sedona is extremely beutifull. Been there twice, both times prior to my MTB days.
It's a nice 2-3 hr drive from Phx if I recall. So the guys are highly motivated (not very surprising when you consider the AZ tough/techy crew). ;)
Yes, photos will be much appreciated.:thumbsup:
 

·
trail "cleaner"
Joined
·
1,382 Posts
lucky me....

I grew up there and my mom still lives there. The cool thing is, we can start our ride from her house and be on the trails immediately.:thumbsup: I'll take the camera:D
 

·
I am Doctor Remulak
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
AZmtncycler said:
I grew up there and my mom still lives there. The cool thing is, we can start our ride from her house and be on the trails immediately.:thumbsup: I'll take the camera:D
What trails will your ride include?

I'm heading up to Flagstaff for the weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crisillo said:
I am staying around SB... but might have a big ride on Sunday... let's see..

on the big tire topic.. I just received a Big Betty 2.4.. looks huge!!! I will mount it up this afternoon :D
Hey Cris
Why are ya going bigger?. For me 2.4 will be justified in rock infested areas. I would think that fast handling is good to have in your trails.:confused:
Anyways, tell us how it felt for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AZ Mikey said:
What trails will your ride include?

I'm heading up to Flagstaff for the weekend.
wow, looks like you can take a nice biking stop;) at sedona to "rest" during the long drive to Flagstaff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,227 Posts
Appropriately, I'm hosting a ride in honor of Nick on Sunday (Hawaiian shirts required, the louder the better) on Nick's favorite trails and hosting a Filipino BBQ immediately after to celebrate Nick's life and share stories... There will be some local tribe members there as well...
 

·
trail "cleaner"
Joined
·
1,382 Posts
trails on the west side of Sedona

AZ Mikey said:
What trails will your ride include?

I'm heading up to Flagstaff for the weekend.
from my mom's place,Ridge,Carol Canyon, Herkenham, across 89A over to Girdner,this pops out on Dry Creek road, over to Thunder mtn. Coffee pot to Devils Kitchen. Back out to 89A on Soldiers Pass and climb the airport hill to Bandit and take it back to Ridge and home. Good stuff!!!!:thumbsup:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,806 Posts
flipnidaho said:
Appropriately, I'm hosting a ride in honor of Nick on Sunday (Hawaiian shirts required, the louder the better) on Nick's favorite trails and hosting a Filipino BBQ immediately after to celebrate Nick's life and share stories... There will be some local tribe members there as well...
very nice Flip! I will have a cold one in Nick's name after this weekend's ride
 

·
Noo Zeelander
Joined
·
212 Posts
I will probably ride the Local trails !!! We have just finished building a trail in the hills above Nelson its called 'Peaking Ridge' and it completed an otherwise boring finish to an average ride .
NOW the ride is a great 4 hr loop ...with 1hr of gravel road climbing to about 800 m to a peak called 'Fringed Hill' (this is by no means a hill though) from there its into Beech forest singletrack for the rest of the time with the last 30 mins being 'Peaking Ridge' and all fast flowing technical downhill through tightly packed trees.

Heres a sample >>>

IMG_0053.JPG

I will try and get some more so I can share the ride but everytime I get on that last downhill we just seem to forget to take pictures ..Something to do with being unable to stop the flow :D


I tell you what the yeti forum just isn't the same without Belayslave ... I used to get a guaranteed laugh every day with Nick's posts ...
Have a drink for me at the BBQ Flip as a toast to Nick ..Heres to you Nick.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top