Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
There is a poison oak tree down on EMT. At least that is what it looked like with a quick survey. I cut the trunk (2.5"!) but I don't want to remove it. If somebody who is immune can take a few minutes to do some removal, that would be awesome. Otherwise the rangers get out there every 6 months or so, judging by that trash on the trail.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Operation get the Mrs out was successful!

Text White Line Font Colorfulness

Hit a nice mostly flat loop that actually has some good single track in a few sections.

Plant community Mammal Grassland Trail Sunlight

Yeah you're skirting the fringes of humanity most of it, but hey there's pretty flowers :)

Human People in nature Woody plant Walking Trail

But it was all smiles, and I'll take it!

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle handlebar

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Operation get the Mrs out was successful!

View attachment 1257613

Hit a nice mostly flat loop that actually has some good single track in a few sections.

View attachment 1257615

Yeah you're skirting the fringes of humanity most of it, but hey there's pretty flowers :)

View attachment 1257617

But it was all smiles, and I'll take it!

View attachment 1257619
Hell ya!! A good friend borrowed my ebike. He railed it Saturday. Then on Sunday, took his wife on a big ride in the morning then in the afternoon, took his son out to Santa Teresa. Good accomplishment since it's something he's tried to do unsuccessfully on both fronts for 5 years.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Nice fc! And you are correct, it was on the e-bike. It is having the exact intended effect: to get my family out riding!

My wife's Facebook post said it all, she made a comment to one her friends, "I was able to keep up for once!" Hell, to be honest she even had to wait for me on one of the hills.

I went out this morning and weed-whacked for about 2 hours and was feeling it when I got home. However, it wasn't even 9AM yet so figured a ride was in order before the heat cranks up! I took the e-bike as I was already feeling a bit tired. Had a fantastic ride.

Full looped my system at over 12 miles and 2K of climbing. Its dry and getting a bit loose in some sections and weeds are a never ending battle since the ground is still holding a little bit of moisture. I am hoping the current round of weed-wacking will knock them down for the rest of the season.

Oh and saw two kit'ed up riders on my trail yesterday as the Mrs and I drove by. Someone has found it, lol, but I would guess their experience was probably less than desirable. I know the system like the back of my hand but watching my son try to lead us the other day, he has only ridden it two or three times, made me realize it is probably pretty confusing without a tour guide! Hopefully they found some of the good stuff, but my guess is they got suckered in to riding the primary ridge trails which are meh...

Plant community Sunlight Soil Trail Trunk

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
^^^ She's got more courage to ride on the road than most MTBer's I know. But considering that's the road she's riding, I would imagine its not by choice.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was feeling pretty good so I put the beatdown. I felt bad after. :)

If you know Ranch Road in Fremont Older then you understand the lunacy. If not, here's the 30% finish on loose dirt.

Ranch Rd is super tough, and you did it 3x ! Way to go!
I'll give that a try. Even if I make it, I'll need 3x the time as you.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Yeah suprised how much moisture the fog is providing at JMP today! Great dirt in middle of June!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.