Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just finished a couple laps at Lime Ridge. Tried to get out early to avoid the heat. It was 83 degrees when I finished. Need to get out there earlier for next time.

Trails are dry, dusty and parts of Sticks are very sandy in the corners. Seems to be the normal for trails out this way this time of year.

Was nice because I had the place to myself. Only saw 2 hikers and then eventually 1 other biker at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mtbr Founder
35,499 Posts
I went riding sunday in the teeth of the afternoon heat and it wasn't that bad. Didn't feel like 95* at all. Felt like it was in the 80s.
93 or 95 is hot, especially since we've been rolling 70 degree highs all year.

In the shade, it's not bad.

In Santa Cruz and SF though I don't think there's many AC's to be found in homes. People gonna wilt.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The heat was bearable at 8:00 at the top of the hill on U-Con, but it was definitely already heating up. Forget any dampness of soil. That has all burned off. Here comes the dust.

I think we will still get another random rain before the month is up. We could have a few more days of dust-free riding if that happens. Otherwise, it's summer dust time.

edit: Actually, the shady DH loam trail I rode was not totally dry yet. There are still some good spots.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I went riding sunday in the teeth of the afternoon heat and it wasn't that bad. Didn't feel like 95* at all. Felt like it was in the 80s.
I was at Demo on Sunday. Late start at like at noon. It was hella hot every time I was in the sun between the shade. On that open area rocky climb at buzzard lagoon Iuckily had my bandana with me. Helmet with shade visor, Glasses and the bandana covering most of my face made me feel like i was in a space suit trying to cross the surface of Venus. It was ridiculously hot. Ieven have a 2 liter camel back and towards the end I slowe down my H20 intake as I was afraid I might run out of water. Icant imagine doing something as crazy as climbing Mission peak in the heat last weekend.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,499 Posts
I was at Demo on Sunday. Late start at like at noon. It was hella hot every time I was in the sun between the shade. On that open area rocky climb at buzzard lagoon Iuckily had my bandana with me. Helmet with shade visor, Glasses and the bandana covering most of my face made me feel like i was in a space suit trying to cross the surface of Venus. It was ridiculously hot. Ieven have a 2 liter camel back and towards the end I slowe down my H20 intake as I was afraid I might run out of water. Icant imagine doing something as crazy as climbing Mission peak in the heat last weekend.
Demo Forest can get pretty crazy in the heat. Seems like some areas there are 10 degrees hotter. And it's a climb out so... not good.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I rode Annadel yesterday. Over a 100 when I started around 530. Surprised how reasonable it was in the shade. Still the odd wet spot on some trails and very little dust. Almost no one up there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.