I built this with Phil Saxena for the Champery WC 4X

I built this for Eric Porter in Kranked 6

another angle of the same jump

more jumps from Kranked 6

a dirt quarter for Porter in Evermore

stuff in Morgins, Switzerland of www.bikepark.ch

building shots

the "Araignée" or Spider digging avalanche debris off of the trail

while the digger is there....might as well handplant the bucket. (from the movie Evermore)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Alright- here is a link to our website for our newly formed organization. A small group of us got together and propsed that the city fund and let US build a park on city property near an abondoned gravel pit. So far we have nearly finished phase 1 which consists of skinnies and a teeter totter, next will be a DH trail, and a FR trail w/ North Shore style influence. Check the video out, it shows all of our features which have been built so far, scroll down and you can see photos of all the features.

www.arfreeriders.com

I'll try to find a picture of our first huck spot and I'll post it next.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
And for the comic relief:

Groomin' a new line yesturday...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

200 acers in Aldie VA = $6.2m

used Stihl's BR550 = $175

Lake MX 59 shoes = $90

Ya'll missing me go ass-over-tea-kettle, Gingerbread man, roll down the hill = priceless

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy the archaic Paint file for the visual.

Will post photos once the real jump / drop is finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
jedi said:
thanks for the props rmb-mike.
heres thread of a vid of a little of what i build
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=358773
Hey, you earned it. I give credit where credit is due.
I thought I was doing pretty good with my little park, but it pales in comparison to yours. Hopefully it won't when I've been at it for four years like you have!

E2,
Props to you and your crew as well, for the stuff you are building. I'm really digging your woodwork. Looks like you guys overbuild your stuff as well. That's the only way to go. It keeps you from doing major structural overhauling every few years due to the dynamic stress loads that mtb's place on them. One word of advice though....waterseal/rot proof that lumber as soon as you can. For the decking/riding surfaces I'd recommend inexpensive flat paint mixed with some sand. For the rest, a wide paintbrush and used engine oil. The incentive with used oil is that it's FREE!

·
Registered
875 Posts
jedi said:
in another 4yrs i'll have built loads more!! :)
In 4 years, I don't think Kenny and I will have anymore room left on his lot. LOL.
His lot is only 210 feet(about 65m) by 420 feet(135m...and 1/4 of that is his house and yard); unless we decide to extend out and build some stealth stunts on some of the adjoining undeveloped (and won't be for a long time) land.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
jedi said:
thanks for the props rmb-mike.
heres thread of a vid of a little of what i build
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=358773
Jedi-so you're Robert Naylers buddy huh? He sent me that link this week and me and everyone else at my shop were in absolute awe while viewing it- both from the riding perspective and from the building perspective. Great job man- all of that ladder work is absolutely killer- plenty of lines to choose from, and enough variety to keep you happy for a long while. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
For what it's worth I think the helmet cam vid is best because it gives you a true perspective of what it's like.

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
...and now for something completely...smaller

Hi Folks,

My stunts don’t touch what’s posted above but they do have the advantage of being in my back yard instead of some other exotic locale I can’t get to every day!:nono:
Me - 5 Footer - 1 cropped for Mtbr.JPG

Traffic_at_Mikes cropped for Mtbr.JPG

Me - 5 Footer - Side 2 cropped for Mtbr.JPG

Thanks for sharing all these inspiring stunts and skills!!!

Michael:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 329 Posts