Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Mtn Creek yesterday to check out the new jumprun.Incredible!!!!!!!! I've never really dirt jumped before so this was my quasi first experience w/ em. I had such a fuc*kin blast hitting em as fast as possilble. By the 3rd run i was clearing all of em into the tranny- even the BIG one.There was like 3-5 dudes w/ camcorders going every run so of course u gotta go big when there're around....... Anyway had a great time and saw lots of other guys having a blast too. It was pretty dry considering how much it rained in NYC fri. By the way i'm the knuckle head who rides an eliminator w/ no stickers & shiver and usually got a corona or 2 in my hand.....or 3.. Go to Mtn Creek- if they keep up the trail building and maintenance i'll throw away my season pass to Plattekill-sorry lazlo u Lazy/cheap bastard.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Sweet man, I realy wanna go...
Are you in BBR...?

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huhh????

BBR???? Sorry i'm alittle drunk and stoned. I'm in queens if that helps and going this sun again.

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry but...

Sorry but having too much fun to pull out the camera. At least 1 guy has me on video but who the hell knows who he is??????This sun will bring camcorder on a run.

·
Registered
112 Posts
where's your loyalty?

dannymonky said:
Went to Mtn Creek yesterday to check out the new jumprun.Incredible!!!!!!!! I've never really dirt jumped before so this was my quasi first experience w/ em. I had such a fuc*kin blast hitting em as fast as possilble. By the 3rd run i was clearing all of em into the tranny- even the BIG one.There was like 3-5 dudes w/ camcorders going every run so of course u gotta go big when there're around....... Anyway had a great time and saw lots of other guys having a blast too. It was pretty dry considering how much it rained in NYC fri. By the way i'm the knuckle head who rides an eliminator w/ no stickers & shiver and usually got a corona or 2 in my hand.....or 3.. Go to Mtn Creek- if they keep up the trail building and maintenance i'll throw away my season pass to Plattekill-sorry lazlo u Lazy/cheap bastard.
In the last year Laz built another chairlift, and there are some sick new stunts, and his hospitality is fine, and $25 for a day's riding. I know the jibe was a half-jest, but lazy/cheap he is not - the place is not upscale/yuppie perfect, but neither am I.

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loyalty?????

I've had a season pass holder at Plattekill 4 the past 3 years. Been riding there for 6+ years. I've been loyal to Lazlo. Almost every weekend i go to Mtn Creek there is something new to try. Plattekill is the same except for some poorly built bridges made with old rickety wood. Dont get me wrong i love Plattekill but Lazlo needs to do some maintenance to the trails. Have u noticed the flow of Mtn Creek on most trails is amazing compared to Plattekill? Theres not much flow going on in Plattekill. Im losing money on my season pass this year cause the riding is better at Mtn Creek. I used to hate Mtn Creek years ago. It sucked balls!. But then the Diablo crew took over and did a great job. As 4 the 2 lifts running i'll believe it when i see it. I told lazlo last year i'd be willing to pay more to have the second lift running all the time. he said they would be running together this year. It took 3 months before the second one got going. Needs more hooks 4 bikes.Plus the drive is 45 min to Creek compared to 3 hrs to Plattekill. I'll get back up toPlattekill the next time Creek has a race and we'll see the changes. I'm expecting the usual....

·
Registered
112 Posts
If not Plattekill, where?

OK, Danny, I confess the only place I've downhilled has been Plattekill, cause I'm only 1.5 hours away, but the steeps there are incredible. I've not done anything over 5-6 feet as far as drops, so I guess I can't comment, and I've never ridden Mountain Creek, so I really can't compare. I just know that I like Lazlo - from my experience whenever he does anything it is oriented toward making the riders feel more welcome and comfortable - I just like the atmosphere at Plattekill, but to each their own.
Being the open-minded (not to mention humble) kind, I'm willing to try some other places - in fact I would really like to expand my dh repertoire. I already know you like Mtn. Creek. Where else in the NE (I live in Binghamton) to DH, and are any places open during the weekdays (my next 3 weekends are booked already)?
I honestly appreciate your level-headed response to my prodding post - nice to see other open-minded folks here.
Any advice as to other lift-hills in NE is appreciated.
- Kelly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.