Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headed out this morning to do Jp/Cox. trail was is awesome shape, the climb up was nice and tacky and the downs were dry and fast. the only bad part was the crazy amount of mosquitoes. The trail involves climbing up and over two mountains with 900+ meters of climbing (about 3000ft for you yanks). starts with some boring switch backs and then the climb gets less steep but a lot more tech. lots of open ridge riding and then a 6.5k fun fast tech decent. any ways I will let the pics tell the story.

lots of climbing

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
nice pics BIRTHDAY BOY. i just finished photobucketing some of my own. this is one of those trails where it's real hard to pick pics....i'll follow hizz' lead and just post some pics already.

hizzity on the techy climb

summit push

k-star on the summit drop

where's hizzity?

hizz watching kstar

cox hill climb will shake the strongest in these forums

mountains are cool. kstar is lost in there somewhere.

finally the descent off cox

prerequisite bike shot

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bumping this thread because it's a world class ride that's local to me and it's a shame that only 210 people have viewed these awesome pictures (so far).

Oh, and Hizz - Happy Birthday (Sorry, I forgot to mention it to you on Baldy last night)

·
I think this is a trail..
147 Posts
Hey Lee, the wild flowers are way late this year, they are just starting to get good now. The wood lillies have "just" started and the fireweed isn't doing anything yet. They should still be showing off when you get here.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Looks like everyone had a good time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amazing!!

Lee, Skog and BGirl all on one post!! I haven't poked around here in a loooong time (even lost access to my old kenny© login details) so seeing all of you pop up in one shot was quite a treat.

I hope all is well and that you have a great tip out here - I'd beg for an invite to join you on a ride but I have grown old and out of shape the past three years so would be a thorn in your sides! Have fun.

Skog, drop me a note if you get a chance. I have a week with no family around in early August and planning on being out in your neck of the woods after work every day for some riding. Love to catch up over some spinning or a beer if you have time.

·
I think this is a trail..
147 Posts
Hey Dave!
I was wondering what you were up to, hadn't seen you since that day I was marshalling for the Trans Rockies and you rode by. You had said something along the lines of "I'm coming for you next!" when you passed and I wasn't sure if that was a promise or a threat!

You definitely should come out and hook up with us, we'll probably do some smaller evening rides around Canmore. My girlfriend has to work during the day and wants to ride with Lee and Sharon, plus I want to show them some of the new xc trails that have been built.

Love to hook up in August, keep in touch! Not sure if I have your current e-mail address. You can get a hold of me via my canmore2002 hotmail address.

Greg

·
Registered
735 Posts
Beautiful

Rode Cox Hill and Jumping Pound on Saturday, July 5th.

The ride was amazing, something I have never seen before (from the East). When you think you are done climbing, there is another hour or so to go.

The long climb up is SO worth the decent. Fast, flowy, fast, faster with more flow.
I rode with a tour group (www.sacredrides.com). When we finally made it down for lunch, everyone had smiles for miles!

If anyone has the chance, do NOT miss the opportunity to ride such an amazing place. Make sure you have lots of space on your memory card, as you will be taking loads of pics.

Eric

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.