Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I have 2004 Jekyll 1000 that I can’t get to handle the way I want when I hit jumps. I’m not talking about monster jumps, just the typical 1 to 3 ft jumps I encounter on the trails. Whenever I hit a jump I have to tug really hard on the bars to keep from landing front wheel first. Everytime I hit a jump or drop on the trail I'm affraid I'm going to endo. I’ve tried every possible combination on the fork and shock rebound and compression. I weight about 210 lbs with riding gear. I also have a Trek Fuel 90 that lands perfect with no effort almost every time when jumping. The Jekyll has the Manitou Swinger shock and a Lefty fork. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
829 Posts
coalriver-rider said:
I need some help. I have 2004 Jekyll 1000 that I can?t get to handle the way I want when I hit jumps. I?m not talking about monster jumps, just the typical 1 to 3 ft jumps I encounter on the trails. Whenever I hit a jump I have to tug really hard on the bars to keep from landing front wheel first. Everytime I hit a jump or drop on the trail I'm affraid I'm going to endo. I?ve tried every possible combination on the fork and shock rebound and compression. I weight about 210 lbs with riding gear. I also have a Trek Fuel 90 that lands perfect with no effort almost every time when jumping. The Jekyll has the Manitou Swinger shock and a Lefty fork. Any ideas? Thanks.
At a ruff guess it has to be weight distribution ...try to get your weight further back by altering bar/stem/seat position.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Try..

coalriver-rider said:
I need some help. I have 2004 Jekyll 1000 that I can?t get to handle the way I want when I hit jumps. I?m not talking about monster jumps, just the typical 1 to 3 ft jumps I encounter on the trails. Whenever I hit a jump I have to tug really hard on the bars to keep from landing front wheel first. Everytime I hit a jump or drop on the trail I'm affraid I'm going to endo. I?ve tried every possible combination on the fork and shock rebound and compression. I weight about 210 lbs with riding gear. I also have a Trek Fuel 90 that lands perfect with no effort almost every time when jumping. The Jekyll has the Manitou Swinger shock and a Lefty fork. Any ideas? Thanks.
Slowing the rebound on the rear shock so the rear end doesnt buck. Otherwise alot of XC orientated bikes dont fly all that well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.