Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, i built this jump so i could get better at jumping, the tranny is wayyyyyy to close, you land like 4 ft away from the tranny, anyhow i just thought i would post a few pics ;)

BTW i notice when i resize pics w/ paint the qulity gets screwed up, what else do u guys use to resize pics?

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is a very easy question. Its hard when your building doubles to know how close or far to put the tranny so heres my suggestion. When I build a jump I always make the tranny long maybe about 10ft long or less. This allows me to jump as far out as I want. I like to try to put the tranny as far away from the jump ( this helps in prove skills) but not to far away just enough that I know I can hit it if I try hard,if you under shoot then get some dirt and add to the back of the tranny until you are were you know you can hit it.

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
Nice. Looks like youre progressing along fine. I think the tranny could be longer/further from the lip.

Still rockin the reflectors I see?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went back to that jump today only i find it trampled and knocked over, this is the 4th time ive had to rebuild it, so...i found i giant curved piece of cement and burried it under the lip along w/ a diaongally sawed off tree stump for the landing. anyhow i made the landing like 2 feet further away from the jump but its still too close.

Oh yeah, and the refelctors, they will never come off , they pimp out me rims :cool: .....like chrome............only uglier :D

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
sorry got to correct it.

the tranny is the transition from the ground to the lip also known as the curve or in-between space.

what you aer reffering to is the landing. the tranny is part of the landing.

sorry, had to do it.

other than that, looks like a good pratice jump.
Corbin, that was lame. :rolleyes:

·
BIKES!!!!
278 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
sorry got to correct it.

the tranny is the transition from the ground to the lip also known as the curve or in-between space.

sorry, had to do it.

Crap like that is how you can tell that you're trying to hard, call it what you want just ride.
nice jumps dude, keep it up

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
ironhorsebike1 said:
sorry got to correct it.

sorry, had to do it.

Hmmmm, i don't give a f*ck about terminology :cool:

lol

it makes more sense to me to call the landing a tranny,
like something u transition into after the jump, but whatever
atleast now i know

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
sorry got to correct it.

sorry, had to do it.

I always referred to what you're talking about as a "GAP" and the landing has always been called the "tranny" or "transition". Transition as in the root word transit, which has no descriptive properties of "space".
Sorry. Had to say it.

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
JSUN said:
I always referred to what you're talking about as a "GAP" and the landing has always been called the "tranny" or "transition". Transition as in the root word transit, which has no descriptive properties of "space".
Sorry. Had to say it.
Main Entry: tran·si·tion
Pronunciation: tran(t)-'si-sh&n, tran-'zi-, chiefly British tran(t)-'si-zh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin transition-, transitio, from transire
1 a : passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another : CHANGE b : a movement, development, or evolution from one form, stage, or style to another
2 a : a musical modulation b : a musical passage leading from one section of a piece to another
3 : an abrupt change in energy state or level (as of an atomic nucleus or a molecule) usually accompanied by loss or gain of a single quantum of energy
- tran·si·tion·al /-'sish-n&l, -'sizh-, -'zish-; -'si-sh&-n&l, -'zi-, -zh&-/ adjective
- tran·si·tion·al·ly adverb

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JSUN said:
1 a : passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another : CHANGE b : a movement, development, or evolution from one form, stage, or style to another
2 a : a musical modulation b : a musical passage leading from one section of a piece to another
3 : an abrupt change in energy state or level (as of an atomic nucleus or a molecule) usually accompanied by loss or gain of a single quantum of energy
- tran·si·tion·al /-'sish-n&l, -'sizh-, -'zish-; -'si-sh&-n&l, -'zi-, -zh&-/ adjective

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
826 Posts
JSUN said:
you correct. passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another. between the two piles is the gap but what i was refferring to was this:

you see you go from the ground and transitiion via the tranny to the lip and vise versa on the landing.

it's ok though, you didn't know.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.