Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I Have started Jumping ever since I got my new bike. Now peolple are saying that it is better to turn your wheel while your in the Air and then land. But once I started they (a diffrent person than the first) said I should not move in the air. So is this turning the wheel in the air thing just a trick or is it good for your form?​

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
The X-up is the first trick in the book of style.

Doing nothing in the air is called a dead sailor. ie .. lashed to the mast and going for a ride.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
turning the wheel in the air seems to give me a little more balance in the air. it also looks alot better then just doing a straight air. i think its good for both balance and overall style

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i always have mine turned for some reason. If you want to do it to impress people than close your eyes and jump!!! thats a great trick. oh and if you do try that i'm not responsible for any broken bones! haha i'm just kiddid, but yeah i always have mine slightly sideways....its looks better and it helps me balance.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Turning the wheel isn't going to do anything specifically for you. Its just something people do to help them stay loose. Seizing up in anticipation of the landing is how bad things happen and they call it the dead sailor. You want to be as relaxed and in control of your bike in the air as you are on the ground. I'm no pro jumper, but I'm just relaying how I was taught.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Evel Knievel said:
The X-up is the first trick in the book of style.

Doing nothing in the air is called a dead sailor. ie .. lashed to the mast and going for a ride.
an x- up is with ur bars turned 180 degrees

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
I have the habit of whipping it out to the right, laying it flat. Damn me and my BMX Speed jump ways.

Big air is more fun.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
I used to do that all the time when I thought I wouldn't make it. Flat bottoming a jump on a rigid sucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.