Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sweeper
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started when I rode the "Big Wheels" for the 1st time about a year ago! Rather quickly sold the 26 machines and added a 29 FS. Have been riding/racing the Fisher since. Great bike and still plan to ride alot depending on terrain and race length.

Wanted to add a Hardtail 29'er to my habbit.... sorry mean hobby. :D

09 Niner EMD XL Moondust :

09 Rock Shox Reba Race 100mm
09 M770 XT Crank & BB
09 Sram X9 Shifters/ F&R Derail
09 Sram 980 11/34
09 Sram PC991
Race Face 36t Bash
Juicy 7's 160 f/r
FSA Pro Headset Sealed
Race Face Dues XC Stem 100mm
Niner Flat Top 9 bar cut to 650mm
Ergon GX2 grips w/ Carbon barends
Stans ZTR Flow/ZTR Hubs
Bontrager XDX 2.1
Bontrager Carbon 31.6x400
WTB Rocket V Ti Saddle
Time Atac Roc Carbon Pedals

25.6lbs with heavy grips/bash/tires. Clyde friendly. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Nice, ;) very nice indeed. If you have any trouble finidning love for that Niner flatbar, try rotating it forward some more so the logos fall under the center of the face plate - when I first tried them I didn't "feel it", but when I tried them again a couple months later and adjusted the angle like this they felt great.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Awesome bike...

Here is mine. Very similar build but in the Large size. I've got my Reba at 80mm. How does it handle at 100mm? These are some random pics; I don't have any nice detail shots like yours.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Yellow Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Wall Amber

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Window Bicycle wheel

·
Sweeper
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BikeHippy,

The XDX tires are the tires that came on my Hi-Fi 29'er that I never used. They do seem to have large volume for a 2.1. The Flows help with that.

LyNX,

I have yet to put miles on the bike so I will be adjusting things I am sure. I cut the bar down so it is the same lenth as my bontrager big sweep bar that I like so much. Will try your suggestion.

dinoadventures,

I installed the same grips on my Hi-Fi back in winter and have not looked back. Ergon Grips with barends are my choice now. I love the support they give and the change in hand positions that are avail.

Pmac83,

Great looking bike. Do I spy DT hubs on that wheelset?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sweet rides!

Hey Pmac,
I'm building up the exact same frame and fork this weekend. I'm also doing 1x9 and was wondering if you have any issues with using a long-cage (it looks like that's what you have on). I'm hoping I don't get a lot of chainslap on the rough stuff. I'll be using a jumpstop and b-guard like yours.

I plan on running my reba at 80mm as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts