Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved to SB back in September. Loving the riding here but would love to go hit some jumps now and again. Somebody said there were some jumps up near campus point but I didn't get the particulars. Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
They're behind Girsch Park/Costco area along the bluffs. If you turn at the fire station off Storke, go down to where the road makes a 90 degree right hand bend. Park there, and follow the trails back and to the left. It's kind of in the middle back in there...lots of jumps n bumps.

·
Registered
888 Posts
There is also a set of jumps in the middle of More Mesa. More Mesa is on a bluff above the ocean between Patterson and Turnpike. I don't know anything about the quality of the jumps, but there is a 270 degree berm at the bottom that I enjoy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're behind Girsch Park/Costco area along the bluffs. If you turn at the fire station off Storke, go down to where the road makes a 90 degree right hand bend. Park there, and follow the trails back and to the left. It's kind of in the middle back in there...lots of jumps n bumps.
Thanks for the info. I am looking at Google Maps satellite and street view. Are you talking about back through the baseball fields? I followed the road from Storke that the fire station is on and as it bends right, there are baseball fields on the left.

Thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am looking at Google Maps satellite and street view. Are you talking about back through the baseball fields? I followed the road from Storke that the fire station is on and as it bends right, there are baseball fields on the left.

Thanks!
I think this spot has a single jump and berm:
https://maps.google.com/?ll=34.420365,-119.884587&spn=0.000726,0.001265&t=h&z=20

If you explore the area, who knows what else you may find ;)

Hopefully this is enough to get you started. There are a few things to find out there and you'll know the treasure if you find it. The info above was right: head to the mesa behind Costco and don't forget to check out the butterflies. Moore Mesa is definitely fun too.

Did Romero/Coldsprings today, it's getting pretty hot and dry up there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think this spot has a single jump and berm:
https://maps.google.com/?ll=34.420365,-119.884587&spn=0.000726,0.001265&t=h&z=20

If you explore the area, who knows what else you may find ;)

Hopefully this is enough to get you started. There are a few things to find out there and you'll know the treasure if you find it. The info above was right: head to the mesa behind Costco and don't forget to check out the butterflies. Moore Mesa is definitely fun too.

Did Romero/Coldsprings today, it's getting pretty hot and dry up there.
Thanks ca_rider. I think I have plenty to go on. Just didn't want to drive up there and not find it. Don't mind poking around to find it, that's half the fun. BTW, Romero to Cold Springs is my favorite loop so far. I am trying to find people to ride with here. If you don't mind having me join you and/or your crew for a ride, I sure would appreciate it. I just hiked up Gibraltar to Tunnel Trail on my DH bike on Thursday. Parked where Rattlesnake Connector meets Gibraltar. Rode/walked up to Tunnel. Road Tunnel then had to get my ass back to the car. Oof. Definitely want to shuttle that trail as you locals are most likely aware. Although, I think my 6" AM bike would be enough so Tunnel and sure make that ride to the top and back to the care a whole lot better! I'll PM you my name and number. If you're up for contacting about riding great, if not, I understand. Thanks!

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Professional Troll
2,609 Posts
More mesa is where to go. We've built some pretty sick jump lines there over the past two and a half years. Everything from beginner to hero. We'll probably be out there Wednesday afternoon/evening. The Elwood area is dead. Don't bother checking it out. It's all been knocked down. Very depressing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts