Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you guys post some pics of your favorite jumps, drops, berms, log rides etc.. I'm building a jump trail in the forest behind my house- its legal so no worries- and I need some ideas. Once I get my trail done i'll post some pictures, but for now could you guys post some of yours? Thanks!

Eileen

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Where at? Here in Oregon, I assume. I'm in Portland.
I could lead you to, or show you the spots around here.

Dirt Jumps: Meldrum Bar, T&E, Dogwood, Grotto, and there's some new one's in Lake Oswego, but I haven't been there yet.

Big Drops, High Speed Jumps, Downhill, etc: Ledbetter

Med, Small drops, Log Rides, Skinnies, Stunts, Downhill, etc: Post Canyon

I haven't been to Falls City. I need to check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet pics!!!!

TWISTED said:
Here's some more photos of me and my friends.

Thanks for the info. Where is Ledbetter? I've been to post canyon a couple of times and they have some pretty big stuff (for my skill), is Ledbetter even bigger?
-Eileen

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
eileen said:
Thanks for the info. Where is Ledbetter? I've been to post canyon a couple of times and they have some pretty big stuff (for my skill), is Ledbetter even bigger?
-Eileen
Ledbetter is in Camas, WA. There has been a lot of housing development near the trails and some of trails have been knocked out. I haven't been there in a while to check it out.

The third picture is my friend Jason Ding hitting the "Junkyard" tabletop there.

The sixth photo is Jason dropping over me off "Sudden Impact". That stunt is gone.

The seventh photo is me dropping "Superman" about 60 feet distance, 30 feet down (Junkyard is the next jump following this drop).

The ninth photo is me getting a little sideways over "Boss Hogg".

The whole area of Ledbetter trails is tiny compared to Post Canyon. All the jumps pictured (except Sudden Impact) are on one of the trails that we blast top to bottom in about three minutes, then shuttle it again and again.

To me, Post Canyon seems geared more toward riding skinnies and lower speed trails.
I'm more of a high speed motocross type rider instead of a slow stunt rider. Lately I've been riding and racing at the brand new indoor BMX track in Milwaukie. Everyone who is a fast mtbr has been coming to the BMX track. Wednesdays are practice night. There was a huge turnout yesterday. I've got photos of the track if you're interested.
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts