Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
July BTCEB Meeting 7/1/08 7:00pm-9:00pm

Attend a BTCEB General Meeting

Been telling yourself that you want to get more involved with the club? Here is your chance.

The next BTCEB meeting will be held on July 1st at Cyclepath Bicycles in Pleasanton 337 B Main St., Pleasanton, CA 94566

Cyclepath is conveniently located a short walk or bike ride from the Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station or an even shorter short walk or bike ride from the Pleasanton ACE Station.

If you have issues about a local park, or suggestions of how the club can be more effective, this is a great way to express those points of view. If you just wish to listen, that's just fine.

The meeting (which includes a free dinner) lasts from 7pm to 9pm. Then those that are interested may move to a local bar for informal discussions and beer following the meeting (which is a good enough reason to attend in itself).

RSVPs are not required but do help us determine how much food to buy. Please send an email to [email protected] if you expect to attend.

When you join BTCEB, you are joining a member club of IMBA, the International Mountain Bike Association, helping build a brighter future for mountain bike enthusiasts everywhere.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
My schedule tomorrow is a cluster. My plans are to have the closing docs on the house go smoothly, be back from Jackson in time to make Spanish and then be at the meeting around 8PM. All pending good closing, traffic and scheduling vibes of course.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Hey Dan, as per yesterday I have work booked tomorrow night - have to catch up later. Cyclepath Pleasanton is no walk from BART - it's a number of miles away... If people are taking BART to P-town, they can perhaps coordinate with a driver that would pick them up / drop them back off at BART though. That'd help with transport... (And of course, give your "taxi" driver a couple of bucks for fuel too)

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ATBScott said:
Hey Dan, as per yesterday I have work booked tomorrow night - have to catch up later. Cyclepath Pleasanton is no walk from BART - it's a number of miles away... If people are taking BART to P-town, they can perhaps coordinate with a driver that would pick them up / drop them back off at BART though. That'd help with transport... (And of course, give your "taxi" driver a couple of bucks for fuel too)
Most Taxis don't have a bike rack. If there were enough people who wanted me to pick them up from the D/P BART, I might be convinced to drive. I would need to know by tomorrow at noon who wants for me to pick them up in WC and who at D/P.

My link in the original post shows the trip to Cyclepath from BART to be about 3 miles, which is not so far on a bike. Just be sure to have a light for the trip back later.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
East Bay Rich said:
looks like I'm driving from WC. I'll check back later in case anyone wants a ride. I'll probably be able to give a ride back north in case anyone rides to the mtg.
Eryn and I are both looking to carpool. We would most likely meet at the WC BART station. I would prefer to make it as fuel economical as possible. Unless we get quite a few people, it doesn't make sense to take my truck but I'm willing to pitch in for gas for someone else to drive.

As a matter of reference, it's about $11 to take BART round trip from WC to D/P and a 3-mile bike ride from the D/P BART to Cyclepath.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.