Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Just a friendly heads up the July Saturday Middle Fork ride is now half full too.
Saturday August Middle Fork has less then 20 seats open
Friday and Sunday each have lots of open spots.

Interesting facts on sign up so far.

Nearly everyone signed up so far is from California or Portland, couple WA, ID, NV people.

75% of the people signed up so far attended in 2006.

Almost 50/50 split on July and August sign up...couple for both.

70% of people signed up, have signed up for a Middle Fork ride.

As always you can reach me at
[email protected]

Thanks

·
Slowest Rider
5,113 Posts
67degrees said:
Thanks for forwarding the link Big Larry! I'm leaning towards the August event as well. You went last year didn't you?
Sure Did. Had a great time. I won the drawing at MBTB8 last spring.:)

But I had a neural infection all summer and fall where all my arms and legs went numb and felt sick to the stomach. I recovered enough for MBO, but felt sick if I tried to go hard at all. Nevertheless, MBO was great since, if you want, you can do nothing but DH singletrack shuttles and low level workouts. I'm hoping to do some of the more strenuous rides this year.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I can relate to the illness situation

BigLarry said:
Sure Did. Had a great time. I won the drawing at MBTB8 last spring.:)

But I had a neural infection all summer and fall where all my arms and legs went numb and felt sick to the stomach. I recovered enough for MBO, but felt sick if I tried to go hard at all. Nevertheless, MBO was great since, if you want, you can do nothing but DH singletrack shuttles and low level workouts. I'm hoping to do some of the more strenuous rides this year.
Hey Larry, sorry to hear you had the neural infection. That does not sound like anything fun. I came down with Whooping caugh the beginning of February and it had me knackerd till August. I signed up for the Downieville Classic Downhill race thinking I'd be fine by the end of July. Well, I was better but far from well. I did the race anyway and it damn near killed me. At least I felt like I was going to die. Hey, I finished though! I think I was the last one down the mountain. All the shuttle drivers were already drinking so I couldn't get them to take me up to get my car on the top of the mountain. I paid a guy who I had seen the night before in my campground $50 to take me up to get my car. Got a ticket from the Highway Patrol up there too! Probably should have stayed home that weekend. Anyway, I got a great deal of satisfaction out of finishing on my 38lbs Bullit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.