Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back to the grind after a nice holiday weekend. Some perfect temperatures, but dusty.

Trail reports and photos appreciated.

I did hear that upper steam donkey is no more. Officially demolished now. Will check it out this week once back from San Diego.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I have an opportunity to take a day trip on Friday and I think I'm choosing Downieville. Never done it solo before, but I'm sure I won't be alone on the trails!

Scott's Flat, Grouse Ridge, Mt. Hough are all on my wishlist, and I would love to see other sights in the lower Sierras without spending too long driving. But it's really hard to not choose Downieville!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I rode Saratoga Gap late yesterday afternoon. Nice and cooler. People weren't fooling around about the amount of poison oak that's growing rampant up there. I had to take an isopropyl alcohol bath when I got home. I must've gotten lucky because so far so good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
811 Posts
How do you like that Spectral?
Plenty of bike for the pedally riding I like to do in the Bay Area and occasionally Tahoe. I've had tons of fun with it. The main quirk people talk about is the tall headtube, but I imagine it shouldn't be anything a slammed stem/zero rise bar might fix... at least that is my hope after washing the front tire a few times this year (mostly rider error I am sure).

I test rode one at 2018 Sea Otter, and it was my favorite test ride around that time, including Jeffsy 27.5 and 29, Transition Smuggler and Patrol. I might have gone Smuggler if my feet didn't rub on the chainstays, but the Spectral was quite a deal... you just see some of the drama that people went through with the 2018 Spectral chaninstay recall in the Canyon subforum... It would be nice to have the peace of mind you get with a bike shop purchased bike, but I find it more practical to do all my own maintenance instead of waiting for all the busy mechanics on the Peninsula.

Now if Passion Trail Bikes was still open, or I had time to drive a couple cities over to visit bike shops, this might have gone differently...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Got home last night at 11PM, wife and I delayed flight to get a $1000 travel voucher from AA. Hells yeah'. Resulted in some free beach time at Santa Monica:

Sand Coastal and oceanic landforms Vertebrate Toe Beach

Worked today then busted out and rode 11 miles / 1,800' local. Was slightly depressing since it made me face how much work I still have to do. Picked up a new war wound. At some point my shins will be one giant scar I assume.

Skin Joint Organ Muscle Tan

Tomorrow morning at 6AM, I fly out to Oklahoma. Might get to ride on Saturday somewhere out there before my flight home, we'll see ...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Dville 3pm shuttle run..perfect weather!
Whole place to ourselves..

Youtuber mtbflowrider birthday ride..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Good news for anyone that rides Fort Ord and uses these connector trails like I do. Trail 61 and 62 have finally been opened again. Chain Gang and Craters

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.