Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son Noah turned 6 Friday, and all he wanted was a mountain bike and to ride it at Whistler (who doesn't?). Well - one for two ain't bad.

To make up for Whistler, I took all 3 boys out to Walnut Creek Park in Austin to get the new bike dirty and help them build their trail confidence. We practiced ups and downs, using the gears & brakes, and other old chestnuts like "never come to a sudden stop in the middle of the trail," along with corollary, "always keep space between you when you ride."

All 4 of us had a blast. Barely noticed the 95 degree heat :D

The Crew. Birthday boy on the shiny gold Schwinn MTB.

"It is OK to get off your bike and walk it sometimes"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome day

Great way to spend a birthday, a holiday, or any day by my standards.

And you can't have an "R" without the "I" when you ride Walnut Creek ;) Especially in this heat...

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Hey, John! What a fun birthday! :thumbsup: And what a handsome bunch of boys. Just think, when the baby gets a little older, they can have their own 24-hr team! ;)

(We're getting organized at my house this morning for Antonio's b-day ride. He decided that rather than have a party, he wanted a repeat of our urban commuter-trail ride to go play at Fountain Square.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
scorpionwoman said:
Hey, John! What a fun birthday! :thumbsup: And what a handsome bunch of boys. Just think, when the baby gets a little older, they can have their own 24-hr team! ;)

(We're getting organized at my house this morning for Antonio's b-day ride. He decided that rather than have a party, he wanted a repeat of our urban commuter-trail ride to go play at Fountain Square.)
Thanks Clair. Enjoy your b-day ride as well. Sure beats pointy hats, balloons and 10 screaming guests!

BTW - "Baby" is already on her princess 12" bike. We'll start preparing for that 24-hr any day now, as soon as the training wheels come off :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.