Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Rode 12 miles this morning. Crashed pretty good on some slick dead grass and ****ed up my left knee pretty good. It is stiff and swollen. Ice, ibuprofen and hopefully some tender loving care will get it back into business. Really hoping it is just the swelling that is causing pain and not symptomatic of something more serious ... Super bummed :(

·
Registered
829 Posts
A bit of rain fell in South Lake Tahoe an hour or two ago. Seemed pretty localized and not too much rain fell, but I'll take it. There's still plenty of dark clouds in the area so my fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Monterey has been a decent place to beat the heat. Fort Ord isn't the most exciting place to ride but it is better than not riding at all I guess. Left Novato on Thursday around noon and it was 90 degrees rolled into a Monterey 2.5 hours later it was a perfect 68 degrees. Rode a quick loop Friday morning before work. Back in Novato now, missing that cooler weather for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Monterey has been a decent place to beat the heat. Fort Ord isn't the most exciting place to ride but it is better than not riding at all I guess. Left Novato on Thursday around noon and it was 90 degrees rolled into a Monterey 2.5 hours later it was a perfect 68 degrees. [/IMG]
68 is a warm summer day for Monterey. Funny to see all the tourists who come to the area expecting warmer weather...needless to say the sweatshirt industry is booming around here in the summer.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Can’t ride as the knee is still swollen. I don’t think any significant damage, but decided to play it safe and just dig. I made the final connection on a new stretch that is bad ass. Icing the knee now and hoping to ride later this evening after it cools down!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Got to ride Telluride last week. Felt like I was cheating on Crested Butte but the town is a bit more family friendly for the non riders. They are doing a good job balancing the down hill lift served bike park action, new this year apparently, with access to the cross country trails if you get up the free gondola before 10am. Not to mention a 2k feet ride up at 8,500 base.

Prospect loop - I rode the 1st day from Mt Village, missed 10 am cut off so I rode it up, tough at altitude but nice gradient.

Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
Monterey has been a decent place to beat the heat. Fort Ord isn't the most exciting place to ride but it is better than not riding at all I guess.
In case you don't know- the trails on the Salinas side, Creekside Terrace entrance, are a lot better than the Gigling side. Still not technical, but fun and flowy.

G

·
^^^Just what you need...another bike; you should ride the one you already own :ciappa::ciappa::ciappa::lol::lol::lol:

·
Formerly dvo
2,432 Posts
Skeggs/Purisima/Coastside/Gods and back. 52 miles with 5k+. Coastside was the best side with temps in the 60s- low 70's.
On the way to Purisima

Whittemore views. Looks cool down there.

Heading up

I'm cooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
More pie please
2,010 Posts
Skeggs/Purisima/Coastside/Gods and back. 52 miles with 5k+. Coastside was the best side with temps in the 60s- low 70's.
I did a short version of Skeggs » HMB today. We were close enough in HMB that Strava gave us a "flyby" though we didn't actually pass each other.

///Charlie

·
Registered
136 Posts
Banged up my knee on the easy local trail I have hit 100+ times. Didn't wear pads for this mellow ride, and then decided to hit a jump with extra vigor.

Wear your knee pads EVERY ride.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.