Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Threw down about 23 miles / 3k at Wissahickon, PA. Basically inside of Philadelphia city limits. Great riding but it was HOT & HUMID. Like brutal. After the ride it felt like I got off a boat, my legs were toast!

Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle

Natural environment Bicycle handlebar Bicycle Bicycle accessory Bicycle part

Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Natural environment Mountain bike Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Vegetation Natural environment Green Bicycle wheel Tree

Mountain bike Soil Mountain biking Bicycle frame Trail

·
More pie please
2,012 Posts
FYI: El Corte de Madera Creek Open Space Preserve

From the MidPen Trail Conditions page:

PG&E will be realigning power lines by removing lines that are attached to trees, installing new poles and removing large trees to improve fire safety along Bear Gulch Road from Monday, July 22 through Friday, August 16. Access to Spring Board Trail* from Bear Gulch Road will be limited at times during this work. All other preserve trails will be unaffected by this work.
Of course, MidPen could simply open the completed Oljon extension to Spring Board and make this a non-issue :-/

*Spring Board is the "gateway" to Blue Blossom.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A lot of trees down in Skeggs. I report all that I find, and they have been cutting at least some of them:
- Lower steam donkey (fixed?)
- Crossover (fixed)
- Resolution (has been turned into a feature)
- Oljon
- Tafoni (lower, singletrack part)
- ECDM Creek trail

·
Registered
811 Posts
A lot of trees down in Skeggs. I report all that I find, and they have been cutting at least some of them:
- Lower steam donkey (fixed?)
- Crossover (fixed)
- Resolution (has been turned into a feature)
- Oljon
- Tafoni (lower, singletrack part)
- ECDM Creek trail
Thanks. I reported one on lower SD a little while ago on Trailforks, but forgot to follow through with Midpen. What do you do, email [email protected]?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone know if the Upper Aptos Creek Fire Road from Buzzard Lagoon Road intersection to Santa Rosalia Overlook/Bench at Ridge Trail Intersection at Demo is closed yet? I haven't seen any equipment out there yet.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Threw down about 23 miles / 3k at Wissahickon, PA. Basically inside of Philadelphia city limits. Great riding but it was HOT & HUMID. Like brutal. After the ride it felt like I got off a boat, my legs were toast!
The MTB trails there are entirely within city limits. Philadelphia is a destination for MTB for the region, and they've built a few new miles of great trails over the past five or so years.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Anyone know if the Upper Aptos Creek Fire Road from Buzzard Lagoon Road intersection to Santa Rosalia Overlook/Bench at Ridge Trail Intersection at Demo is closed yet? I haven't seen any equipment out there yet.
not sure if they're adhering to the published plan. I rode up Sulphur last weekend and there was work that was in the process of being done there judging by what I saw (trees ripped down, heavy machinery tracks etc). Prepare for a deeper layer of fine moon dust and torn-up surfaces impeding climbing traction.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Of the many cool photos I have, this is the only one I could successfully attach. I'm thinking the other photo uploads are failing because the files are too large. Anyway, Pinecrest was awesome last week.

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike Bicycle tire

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.