Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
4th day in a row and my legs were feeling it! My buddy and I hand laid / positioned some stonework to even out a messed up spot, now it's like butter. We also sessioned a small rock roll / jump as he is trying to work his way up to some of the bigger rock rolls on the trail. 12 miles / 2k'. All good! It's was super comfortable at 6AM to ride with a light cool breeze blowing. Early bird gets the worm!

Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike Bicycle Recreation

Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

Clothing Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel

·
Registered
634 Posts
Skeggs awesome right now. Some random new wet spots, but very few and small.

Also: Careful about tree blocking the El Corte de Madera Creek Trail. Easy to plow into this as you start feelin' it on the rolling jumps downhill from Skeggs Pt. Natural environment Stream Nature reserve Forest Trail

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Solo ride UC. Late start like 11. Whole place to my self. Perfect temps and surprisingly decent dirt still.

That sweet trail is a lot chunkier with a small tree down in last 3rd.

Los Pericos for bomb tacos

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Demo was suprisingly good for this late in July. Ridge was a bit dusty as usual. Flow was running really well with not too bad braking bumps....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Demo was suprisingly good for this late in July. Ridge was a bit dusty as usual. Flow was running really well with not too bad braking bumps....

I think all the work that was done this winter, along with the late rain season, really made the entire thing smooth and pretty-well lasting. They did a great job.

Some pretty Sweet and Magical action at UC, yesterday.

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle

Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Mountain bike

·
Registered
3,893 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just got back from Tahoe. Rode Tahoe Donner Saturday which was super fun. My buddy has a condo up there. We rode out the door and did a 10mile quicky before family time. It's full of well marked moderates that you can tie together, flowy and fun down into the Euer valley which is so majestic you can almost see that quaint homesteader couple and their log cabin.
Hawks Peak - Mother Load - Hidden Gem - up the valley and back around. TD is awesome and easy to get to I'd you're not in epic adventure mode.

Sunday shuttled Watson Lake. TRT to Painted Rock to Western States. I have a buddy who's novice/intermediate and this was perfect for him. It's mostly XC till u get to the big descent. 800' up, 3k' down. 10 miles total. Pickup/end at the turnout to Squaw. Mostly easy riding although Western States was kick ass. Super fast flow thru the woods with mfr'd berms and lots of rocks n roots to play with. And epic Tahoe views.

Shout out to @Dagonger for posting about California Expeditions a couple weeks ago. I saw their truck in one of his photos and looked them up. I hooked up with Tom and he set us up.

http://www.cali-exp.com/

He's out of Georgetown, CA. They shuttle Tahoe in the summer due to foothill heat. and here's the best part. They run year round. He moves down to Georgetown in the winter and runs foothill shuttles all winter rain permitting! Super exciting to learn this. Look him up, super cool guy, really helpful in planning, knows his ****. He does a $55 all day shuttle service which seems like a great deal. 2hrs from Marin. Also ended up in the shuttle with Tam Bikes owner and some cool kiwis. Which was fun. Back in Marin now for local riding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did a proper long weekend beatdown excursion.

Thurs: Hit up some "rad" stuff in the GNA (Greater N* Area). Said goodbye to some favorite old freeride features, and hello to some new ones.

Fri: Full day at N*. Fridays are awesome, they keep the lifts running till 7 PM and there's way less people there. I don't think there was ever more than one group ahead of us in line on either lift. Broke a rear spoke near the end of the day and did 4 more laps on it, seemed to hold up fine. Didn't make it out there last year, WTF happened to the jump park at the bottom? Last time I was there the expert line was serious big boy jumps. Now it's easy. Lame.

Sat: 3 shuttles at Downieville. Decided to run my broken spoke wheel and see if it held up on the first run down the standard DH route, which it surprisingly did. Swapped it out for the spare wheel on the next shuttle and did the new section of Gold Valley Rim trail/old PCT over to baby heads, man that is an awesome section of trail. Amazing views and fun riding. For the XC race I think it's just gonna mean more conga line though, on the old lame fire road route there was at least a good section for riders to spread out. But I don't care about racing, I care about having fun, and man that section of trail is fun! Baby heads/pauley were great too. Then over to 2nd Divide for some variety. Last shuttle went back to another run on the standard DH route. After no mechanicals all day, managed to get a rear flat right before the trail pops out onto pavement when heading back into town. First flat with Cushcore since I put it in like ~1.5 years ago. Found out an awesome side benefit of Cushcore is that you can limp out on it with a totally flat tire w/no risk of rim damage. Which is good because making a trailside repair with Cushcore involved could be... interesting. Took a dip in the Pauley waterfall area, creeks are really flowing right now.

Rad-ness from times past and present in the GNA

N* chunk (lots of non-chunk too, but those pics are more boring)

A beer fest was happening in Dville on Sat. How convenient.

Lotsa people out shuttling

Awesome views from that Gold Valley Rim trail

And elsewhere

Leftover pizza in the swat box FTW

Save me Cushcore!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.