Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was so hot in SC yesterday. I went for a ride with my gf in wilder, then split off while she headed back to the car and Shanty Shack for a rendezvous later. Decided to ride Zane Grey up (bad decision in the heat) and didn't bring any salts/electrolytes. Paid for it with bad cramping in both legs at separate times.

Always great to be out on the trails though!

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was stung in the arm by something on a ride today. Didn't see it, just felt a lighting bolt in my arm followed by a little lump and some lingering muscle pain. Maybe a yellow jacket or hornet.

·
More pie please
2,010 Posts
MidPen Ride today...

I liked the mirror surface on Felt Lake:

Mindego Hill landscape from Ancient Oaks Trail:

Somebody here was asking if the trails have been mowed in Russian Ridge...

A new freeway up the spine of Russian Ridge.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rode for first time from Mt Rose to TRT to Flume to Chimney Beach. I've seen that suggested a few times here - thanks!. Epic day out with a couple buds, just loved it. Just technical enough to be interesting, but never so much that I was worrying about crashes, or couldn't sneak some peeks at the views as I ride.

Flume was as casual as they say.. but it was a nice chill break in the day and totally unique. The climb after to Chimney was awful, but that downhill was insane. It a trailforks black, but I thought it more a blue, nothing technical.. its a really fast flowy trail, just super sandy and has some poor sightlines. Also quite a few hikers, which is odd, doesn't seem like a nice hike...

Lastly, we rode back on the highway to flume bikes. the highway was fine and mostly downhill to sand harbor (on a weekday.. not sure I would do a weekend) and then the new bike path to incline was nice. IMHO the new path makes a loop with chimney much more bearable.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
WARNING!!!! Today is a high gravity day!!!

12 miles / 2K' this morning locally. I was struggling from the get go. Could not get in a rhythm, felt short of breath. Crashed on basically an easier than green corner and felt like it happened in 3rd person, lol.

I blame the new set of 29 x 3 DHFs I put on my Farley Ex 8. I honestly feel like they roll faster than the Chronicles I had on previously, which makes no sense since I got the 60 TPI / EXO for maximum thorn resistance.

I made it through the ride, err... maybe I should say, I survived the ride. Hopefully it is rides like these that make the good ones feel great!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Be glad you wasn't on vertical rock :)

Tahoe Rim Trail between Sierra Canyon Trail and Spooner Summit is snow free if you can bunnyhop once. One big downed tree between the Bench and Spooner.
True dat! Nothing worse than a high gravity day on a redpoint attempt on your proj!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.