Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Is Tahoe Rim north? :)

TRT Martis Peak section through Watson Lake riding great, a little dustier. Big Chief same. Very little mud. Supposed to cool off a few degrees Sunday.

Apparently almost everyone hits the trail at 9-10am. A few hours of light first thing with it all to yourself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Is Tahoe Rim north? :)

TRT Martis Peak section through Watson Lake riding great, a little dustier. Big Chief same. Very little mud. Supposed to cool off a few degrees Sunday.

Apparently almost everyone hits the trail at 9-10am. A few hours of light first thing with it all to yourself.
Rode Big Chief for the first time Wed...so good of a trail!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Lake Thunderbird Oklahoma: 13 miles / 650' hehe. Yeah it was flat but they used every bit of elevation they could. Lots of big wood features and bugs: spiders, chiggers (mites), and ticks. Literally huge spider everywhere all over the trail. Oh well, I had fun. Oh forgot to mention poison ivy, hot and humid!

Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle

Natural environment Plant Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle frame

Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Tire Mountain bike Natural environment

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork

Vegetation Natural environment Organism Plant community Mammal

Clothing Mountain bike Natural environment Bicycle frame Downhill mountain biking

Nature Invertebrate Natural environment Arthropod Organism

Plant community Soil Trail Mountain biking Dirt road

Natural environment Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Plant community Bicycle

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My daughter crushed Skeggs running this morning. 5 miles 1000 feet of climbing at 8.5 min/mile. I followed at a leisurely pace on the MTB.

I haven't ridden up upper Fir in a while. A few new Easter eggs, will session them tomorrow.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Lots of big wood features and bugs: spiders, chiggers (mites), and ticks.
There are chiggers in NorCal. I have gotten bit by them several times. The bites are like electric shocks and don't know what is going on. All of sudden there is some pinching pain and you don't know what is causing it. I had to stop on downhills because chigger bites and I never stop on downhills. Haha.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yeah they got me a few times but I purposefully wore full coverage and sprayed myself down with Deet. Worked pretty well. I only flicked one tick off of me ... and I am not kidding at least 200 spiders like the one pictured.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Demo Flow, still dusty :)

They did smooth out that section of Hihn's Mill Rd to get to the parking lot. Even normal cars can make it now, with no worries.

Arrived at 8am today. Parking on Highland was jam packed already. I was thinking 'Oh man, could be a mess in the parking lot'. Nope. Parking lots was completely empty. We were the first car to park there. Thought we missed some Keep Out signs or smthg!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Downieville on Friday was even better than I had hoped! I went solo but ended up tagging along with an awesome group from the bay the that took me in, helped push my pace, and encouraged me to stick with them for a tougher route than I had planned (Gold Valley to Big Boulder). I owe big thanks to Jarrod, Aaron, Dan and a crew of Beasts!

That was one last big hurrah, one final send-off for my hardtail. And boy was it a good reminder that it is time to move on! Big Boulder and Third Divide were really rough on my feet on a hardtail at high speed

Nature Mountainous landforms Natural environment Natural landscape Mountain

·
Registered
765 Posts
So yesterday eve I was near the bottom of a certain trail, and I happened to stop for a minute. I heard a noise that sounded like something crashing through the bushes, and the only thing that made sense was there must be another biker coming down the trail behind me, so I jumped off to the side to make room and... no biker. Then I looked up and about 100 yds ahead of me a big-ass tree was in the process of falling. :eekster: I'm guessing it was like 80 ft high or so. After it happened I continued down the trail, came around a corner, and saw the tree had fallen right up to the edge of the trail but not over it. The trail had a bunch of debris and it smelled like fresh wood. I would have been right there when it fell had I not stopped for a moment previously. Dayum!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Tahoe City Saturday

Perfect day for a ride up there.

From Bunker Drive, up Ocelot, over to Whoop de Do, up Lakeridge to Rim Trail over to OTB, drop OTB to 06, down first section of Big Chief, back up 06, then down Rim Trail/Painted Rock, down Walternate and Western States.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I don't why, but I don't mind setting up shots when I travel, but don't do it for my local trails. So today on my ride I decided to change that. Not all the shot were perfect, but some turned out okay. 12 miles / 2k':

Nature Branch Leaf Woody plant Sunlight

Nature Vegetation Branch Natural environment Plant community

Soil Bicycle Slope Mountain biking Bicycle frame

Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle

Wheel Tire Plant community Soil Automotive tire

Nature Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Landscape Bicycle frame

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.