Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy July 4th! I'm celebrating by riding on some 'illegal' trails on public land.

Some incredible weather around most of NorCal this week. On my two short rides this past week, things are getting pretty dusty, which I don't necessarily mind.

Reports and photos appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Today's my Bday so took it off of work.

Weed whacked a stretch then came home and switched out the weed whacker for a bike! Rode 12.5 miles locally. Another fantastic morning and the trails are slowly coming around :)

Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike Bicycle

Branch Bicycle handlebar Bicycle accessory Plant community Bicycle

·
Registered
108 Posts
JNT was great today from 3 and 5 o'clock. Mid 70s. Neither mozzies or flies on the grind up nor senior hiking groups to encounter on the way down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thanks guys! Wife surprised me with tickets to Trevor Noah @ Mountain Winery and a dinner at Faultline Brewery. Was a great night!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Weed whacked for almost 3 hours, then tried to ride. I guess 5 days in a row of weed whacking and then riding is too much. It was hot and I couldn't control my heart rate. It would spike to 160+ the second I started giving any effort, even very minor. I think I did the prudent thing and took it easy and rode a beeline straight back home. Something wasn't right, so didn't want to push it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Rode Annadel today, hot and dry but getting out earlier kept the temp down. Breezy in the woods and do-able. Canyon, Marsh, Ridge, S Burma, Spring Creek. 14.8mi.

Good news, Ridge Trail is getting weed whacked (from the Marsh turnoff) as I speak. The top half was already mostly done and there was a crew cutting it down when I rode by. So the narsty thistle is gone plus some PO. Ridge still has a downed tree across it and Spring Creek has that giant bleached out rubble pile in the creekbed that I don't remember although I've mostly been pedaling up the north/east side. Last couple times I did the Canyon Rd climb which is a super chill way to get to the lake, and bombing down Spring Creek to get out which is pretty racous and makes my 5010 feel pretty small. . .awesome nonetheless.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

G

·
Rode Annadel today, hot and dry but getting out earlier kept the temp down. Breezy in the woods and do-able. Canyon, Marsh, Ridge, S Burma, Spring Creek. 14.8mi.

Good news, Ridge Trail is getting weed whacked (from the Marsh turnoff) as I speak. The top half was already mostly done and there was a crew cutting it down when I rode by. So the narsty thistle is gone plus some PO. Ridge still has a downed tree across it and Spring Creek has that giant bleached out rubble pile in the creekbed that I don't remember although I've mostly been pedaling up the north/east side. Last couple times I did the Canyon Rd climb which is a super chill way to get to the lake, and bombing down Spring Creek to get out which is pretty racous and makes my 5010 feel pretty small. . .awesome nonetheless.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Glad to hear about the weed whacking on Ridge, some spots were out of control...as for the downed tree, bunny hop dat chit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Tuesday after work ride in Auburn was

Up Confluence and Stonewall - down Stonewall and Rocky - up Ranch and Squaw Flat - crossover on Hoosier Bar and FHDL - down Connector, Culvert, and Confluence. Funtimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.