Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Getting too old for this...
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todays World Cup, check out velonews.com...check his SID fork! I thought I was seeing a 5 year old photo by mistake. Looks like a franken fork with an original SID lowers, mixed with a world cup upper...nice!

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Julien is rocking the full-on welding gloves. Notice he's climbing with the barends.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was going to say, is it has to be an anniversary thing. Now if they will just spend a bit of effort on updating their twist shifters, and their v-brakes/levers (ha! yeah right), then I think they'd have something...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, a true retro would be v-brake only. I had the original Sids, don't think discs were big yet.

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
Just got back from MSA. The top 10 RS riders were given new blue Sids but the lowers are only different in color. Completely new Sid coming for '08 though.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, that might be right. I just remember how freakin' light that thing was. Lighter than modern SIDs I think. I had to sell it for a big loss because it made by bike handle kind of strange compared to all the Manitous I'd used previous. The rake or something was different.

That has to be a record, 10 years with one model, and darn near one leg casting. RS has sure gotten their moneys worth on that model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.