Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,120 Posts
Is the contact adjustment knob now a machined alu piece rather than plastic? Nice, damn UGI is kicking again.

Squeak, is Larry carrying these yet?

Randy

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
DAYYYMMMNNNN!! THOSE ARE BLINGIN'!

how much $$ and what weight? and what other colors do the contact adjustment knobs come in (heh)?

w/ goodrich lines? dayyyymmnnnn!

·
Paper or plastic?
10,592 Posts
Saw those at Sea Otter

and they're very nice. For the grams counters, they're about 30 g lighter than the J7. BTW, the guys at the SRAM booth were extremely nice and helpful. Asked about the Juicy stutter/shudder issue, and according to them the issue is that the outside portion of the rotor is smaller than the pads, and that creates some kind of harmonic on some pads. Apparently, their new rotors have a slightly bigger rotor to cover a bigger portion of the pad. Sorry for the poor explanation, but hopefully, you'll get the gist of it. On the howling sound they make. They're working on it, but that would involve some kind of trade off (less sound but more wear on the pads type thing).

Also, saw and tried the X.0 shifters. They had them mounted and mated to a X.0 derailleur on a display. I don't know if it's the static display or what, but that has to be the finest, crispiest shifter that I ever laid my grubby hands on... Very very nice.

Finally, saw their Revolution fork (100-130mm travel adjustable air fork). Basically, a long Reba with all the adjustments of a Reba (pop lock and all).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.