Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new On One Inbred and a friend installed my Avid Juicy 5's. This is my first bike with disc brakes. I know there is some inital break in noise, squeeling, warbling etc, but after several rides the rear brake is still making a very distinct tone. I wouldn't call it a squeel, it sounds like a deeper note from a tone generator. The vibrations resonate through out the bike and and I can feel it pretty strong in the seatpost... feels pretty good actually but I won't get into that ;) . Will it just go away if I keep riding? Has anyone had this same problem before?

-VTB

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Sometimes the frame amplifies certain vibrations. Kind of weird. You could try using a thin copper or brass washer between the frame and the adapter. Sometimes that works in helping to dampen vibrations. Some people have tried tightening spokes.

And sometimes, it's just the pad compound. If you have the gold/bronze backed pads now, try the black backed organic pads. If you've got the black backed pads, try the gold/bronze backed pads, or a non-stock pad from EBC or Galfer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.