Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to put the Juice on the hub ?
Is there an original Avid rotor for centerlock ?
Is there an adaptor to do the job ? Is it working OK ?

THX

·
Registered
137 Posts
There are quite a few Centrelock to IS 6 bolt adapters available now, but the best looking/functional/made one would definately have to be the dt swiss one. visit their site for more details.
There are also ones available from problem solvers, and also a few on ebay, but not sure of their brand ?
From what ive heard people like the adapters on centrelock hubs for the weight savings and ease of installing/removing rotors (ie not having to undo 6 bolts)

Also Galfer are currently making their centre lock rotors at the moment, but last i heard they werent available just yet ? this may have changed now, maybe email them ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx, I ordered 2 "Problem Solvers" Centrelock to IS 6 bolt adapters. I hope it will work.
Anyone have some experience with these adapters ? I'll use them with Juicy-5's.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, which rotor size to get ?

For an XC-trail rider. fast single-tracks. minimum air-time.
200 pound, 6'2" high.
my rig - Azonic Propulsion 4" w/ 2005 float-r and Marz.MX air.

·
Registered
500 Posts
TM1 said:
For an XC-trail rider. fast single-tracks. minimum air-time.
200 pound, 6'2" high.
my rig - Azonic Propulsion 4" w/ 2005 float-r and Marz.MX air.
I am about your weight, ride Stumpjumper FSR120 that came with 185mm front 160mm rear, same kind of riding, work great for me.

BTW, I swapped the rotors onto DT Swiss 240s Centerlock hubs using the aforementioned adapters with no problems at all.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
TM1 said:
will void the warranty. So I was told by the local dealer.
It won't. Its the same thing as using any aftermarket rotor. Rotors are rotors. Im just saying you can consider this because it can sometimes be cheaper to buy the rotor than the adapters and its a cleaner setup to not have to mess with adapters sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.