Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be silly question... Maybe it's just the nature of disk brakes (I've always run v-brakes prior to my current set up)...

Under hard breaking I can visibly see the front wheel tweak to the left, the rotor side of the wheel. Is this normal for disk brakes?

I'm running juicy 7's, 160mm rotors, SRAM 9.0 hubs, Salsa Delgado rims, RockShox sid team fork.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Does the front wheel tweak to the left and then go back to where it was, or does it tweak to the left and stay there? Disc brakes can cause the wheel to slip a bit in some fork dropouts. If this is your case, and you have a quick release up front, try a harder clamping QR like a Shimano XT.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wheel returns to normal position as soon as I let off the brake. The QR is nice and tight, Salsa QR. It's not a major problem, I just notice it under hard braking. Always wondered if that just the norm for disk brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.