Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some 7's and the know on the front brake doesnt turn. They are brand new, I messed around with them to get the knobs set right then, I dont know what happend but the front doesnt turn either way now. It still works and I know I didnt over tighten it. Any ideas on how to get them working? Im thinking about sending them back and getting a new one if I cant figure it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,440 Posts
cake96861 said:
I got some 7's and the know on the front brake doesnt turn. They are brand new, I messed around with them to get the knobs set right then, I dont know what happend but the front doesnt turn either way now. It still works and I know I didnt over tighten it. Any ideas on how to get them working? Im thinking about sending them back and getting a new one if I cant figure it out.
did you spread the pads with a screw driver??

that's why i got juicy 5's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,440 Posts
29Colossus said:
Yeah... pads spread out?

Why did you get the juicy 5's?
i know a lot about brakes, but haven't worked on 7's. you should post in the brake forum.

i purchased 5's because the dial adj. on 7's was a feature i did not think i needed. the performance is the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
mx_599 said:
i know a lot about brakes, but haven't worked on 7's. you should post in the brake forum.

i purchased 5's because the dial adj. on 7's was a feature i did not think i needed. the performance is the same.
i agree, i plan on getting juicy 5s for my bike instead of the 7s. but if avid comes out with a 2caliper brake i'll spring for that:D
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
2 caliper brake? Why would you need 2 calipers for one rotor? Do you mean 2 pistons? The Juicys are opposing 2 pistons. The new Codes are opposing 4 pistons.

The knob is nice to have. I hate uneven lever pull, and turning a knob is much simpler than rebleeding.
 

·
Innovate or die!
Joined
·
702 Posts
my god XSL_WILL that girl in your avitar is insanely anorexic..... ughhh.....

juicy 7's typically are made with higher quality standards and some parts are not forged like 5's, hence the decent weigh difference.

SRAM is very nice about warranty, give them a call, they know better than we do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
2 caliper brake? Why would you need 2 calipers for one rotor? Do you mean 2 pistons? The Juicys are opposing 2 pistons. The new Codes are opposing 4 pistons.

The knob is nice to have. I hate uneven lever pull, and turning a knob is much simpler than rebleeding.
yeah thats what i meant, my bad. cool feature but i don't need it.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top