Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Noob!
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Cannondale F4 which currently has Avid BB5 160mm and they squeal pretty bad. I am 6 ft 245 lbs and they stop okay but sometimes seem a little slow to stop. I was wondering if upgrading to the juicy 5 would be any better. I found a set F&R 160mm for $128.38 shipped. Should I jump on these or just hold off?

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
My riding weight is 225 and I have found the Juicy 5's to be a very good and reliable brake. The price you are showing is also very good. If you can, you may consider going to a 185mm rotor up front for a little more braking power.

FYI-The squeal is likely contaminated pads which will also reduce stopping power

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
that is a pretty good price i would go for it if i was looking to upgrade...

also you can always get the 185mm rotors later down the line if you feel the 160s arent cutting it power wise but yea under 150 is a great price

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
That's a great price, but I'm not sure you'll notice any better stopping power over the BB-5s. Bigger rotors might help.

I'd post again in the Brakes froum and see what people say.

·
Noob!
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DANG they have already arrived... Fulcycles.com = fast as hell shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.