Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you adjust the gap between the pads and the disc on Juicy 5's? I replaced my rear disc and pads and it is dragging severely and the lever only moves about a half inch before the brakes are completely engaged. I loosened the 2 mm bolt on the lever and all that did was make the lever loose.

What am I missing? Thanks!

· Registered
509 Posts
Remove the wheel, remove the new pads. Re-install the old pads. Using a large flat screwdriver, slide between the pads and work back/forth until you push the pistons back into the caliper. Swap the pads again, install wheel.

You should also re-center the caliper. Loosen the 2 screws on the top of the caliper with the concave washers. Enough for the caliper to move freely. Squeeze the lever a few times then hold. Tighten the screws.

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/95-5013-109-000.pdf See item #6

· Registered
1,274 Posts
jdinsj said:
Remove the wheel, remove the new pads. Re-install the old pads. Using a large flat screwdriver, slide between the pads and work back/forth until you push the pistons back into the caliper. Swap the pads again, install wheel.

You should also re-center the caliper. Loosen the 2 screws on the top of the caliper with the concave washers. Enough for the caliper to move freely. Squeeze the lever a few times then hold. Tighten the screws.

yup....that's how its done......

· Registered
13 Posts
jdinsj said:

good idea:thumbsup:

· Registered
436 Posts
Tag along question

I have some juicy 5s new- what If the calipers just don't move? I knw it's a newbee type question but I'm new to hydro's too.....

Forgot to add- is there an adjustment to make the calipers move? Or is the oil probly not in there?

· Registered
10,297 Posts
nicolicious said:
I have some juicy 5s new- what If the calipers just don't move? I knw it's a newbee type question but I'm new to hydro's too.....

Forgot to add- is there an adjustment to make the calipers move? Or is the oil probly not in there?
When you say they wont move - do you mean you pull the levers all the way to the bar and there is no pad contact?

· Registered
436 Posts
sorry guy

the first one.....

i pull the lever and nothing moves....

i jsut got home and pulled the bleed screw to see if there was oil and there is.... with the screw off i gently pulled the lever and saw the fluid level come up to the top....

what adjustment can i do?????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.