Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stand my titus on it's rear wheel (top tube perpendicular to ground), and then squeeze my front brake lever a couple of times, the brake becomes very squishy. to the point where I can pull the lever to the grip. Do I have an air pocket. when the bike is flat, the brakes are very tight and powerful. I have a bleed kit, but this thing is brand new and I haven't ridden the bike on any trails yet. anyone every deal with this??? Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Not dead yet, just playin
910 Posts
Nope, not "just like that". You've got air in the system that is allowed to get into the caliper when it is higher than the lever. Returning the lever higher than the caliper allowed the air to get into the reservoir where it doesn't affect braking anymore. They need to be bled. Take your time and go through the steps slowly. It may take 2,3, maybe even 5 attempts to get them bled perfectly. Set aside a good chunk of time and enjoy the learning.

op

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.