Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a judge Fr1 it did not come with the floating brake option , looking to pick one up from Cannondale ,starting to race some DH. The question that my lbs and Canndale cannot answere very well is if my hub on the bike will work with the floating brake. What I have on the bike now is a 135 mm hub with a Spacer to take it out 150.
Well if any one has had this problem or know some info let me know.
Thanks

·
Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
645 Posts
Just so you know, ALL of the downhill pro's who race on the judge have taken the brake link off. You will save over a pound. The brake link works good if you plan on riding the brakes the whole way, however that doesn't win you races.

Anyway to answer your question your 135 will work fine. You may have to re-dish the wheel though....

·
Unit 91
1,408 Posts
I called Cannondale with this same question about re-using the stock wheel and they said no, you cant do it. You can although, supposedly, get a brake link from Brake Thearpy that will work with the stock hub. I am in the same position as you and honestly, just ride the bike. I got the Judge FR1 back in December and was thinking, Okay I have to do the brake link, but honestly its not that bad. Like Bad Ronald said, you'll save some weight. Just ride the bike. If it becomes a huge physical (not mental) noticable thing, then do something about it. This also teaches you how to use your brakes.

With all that out of the way, lets see this thing! Pictures?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes here i am! I have the floating and i have ordered a 150 hub and the frame pieces for switching to the standard brake. I have ridden a fr1 without the flo and it's very similar to mine. i prefer to take one pound off! Less is more :thumbsup:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Banano would you be interested in getting rid of the brake link and can you posts up the instructions or pics for it if you still have it. I talked to a rep yesterday and still not convinced that i cant use what I got with the floating brake link. He said that it connects to both drop outs( some thing wrong here) that cant be true. Also cant post pic cant figure it out keep getting error when I try any ideas on that one would be cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.