Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Has anyone every used a shop in the Santa Monica Area to have an HSCV cartiridge installed in a Jr T. The two shops i approached seem very reluctant to do the work. (helens cycles and what was then supergo) Thanks so much.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Take it to the shop.....

.....if you don't feel confident in doing it yourself.

WCH / Brian / others, can you guys confirm something for me. I've seen conflicting reports on this and I NEED to do this to my gal's fork before our next Whistler trip.

- I've seen one group say that all is needed to do this is to drop the HSCV cartridge into one side.
- I've seen another group say that you still need to do some porting of the SSV side in order to keep that side from spiking.

I was just on the horn with someone from go-ride and he said to just replace one side's SSV cartridge and I'll be golden. So, which is it? If I need to port the SSV side, some pics and instructions would be great.

Thanks,
EBX

·
Registered
601 Posts
ebxtreme said:
.....if you don't feel confident in doing it yourself.

WCH / Brian / others, can you guys confirm something for me. I've seen conflicting reports on this and I NEED to do this to my gal's fork before our next Whistler trip.

- I've seen one group say that all is needed to do this is to drop the HSCV cartridge into one side.
- I've seen another group say that you still need to do some porting of the SSV side in order to keep that side from spiking.

I was just on the horn with someone from go-ride and he said to just replace one side's SSV cartridge and I'll be golden. So, which is it? If I need to port the SSV side, some pics and instructions would be great.

Thanks,
EBX
you dont HAVE to disable the SSV side, although doing so has a small improvment over having it. all you have to do to port the SSV side is drill out the hole, making it bigger so it has no effect on damping. or you could use 2.5wt oil, that works too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
ebxtreme said:
Drill out which hole.........is the question? I suppose I'll l pull the fork apart tonight so it might become clear to me.....if it's not, I'll just leave it alone.

EBX
on the shaft/piston, there should be a couple holes somewhere near the bottom. drill those out, and you should be good to go. one thing though, make sure the new hole has no rough edges

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.