Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was doing a drop today around 9-10ft. with nice tranny, and my jr.t was bottoming out? i have a zip-tie on it and it was all the way to the top and it made a ping noise the 1st time. what should i do to stop this? add more oil, get stiffer springs or what? :confused: any input is great

thanks

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
if it hasnt been in the shop yet w/ people that know what they are doing and its new then proly more oil...if its not that then get a stiffer spring or play with the compression a bit...if you can...lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SamL3227 said:
if it hasnt been in the shop yet w/ people that know what they are doing and its new then proly more oil...if its not that then get a stiffer spring or play with the compression a bit...if you can...lol
its an '03 model and the guy who sold it to me re-built it right b4 i got it...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Join The Club...

I just got a used 04 and it bottoms out when I bunnyhop it...I just ordered stiffer springs, hopefully that fixes it.

Does anyone have a link to steps to take it apart and install new springs? Or can explain it? I tried every possible combination on the search function and no luck...

Also...what weight oil is best and how much should go in?

G

·
bhamrider22 said:
i was doing a drop today around 9-10ft. with nice tranny, and my jr.t was bottoming out? i have a zip-tie on it and it was all the way to the top and it made a ping noise the 1st time. what should i do to stop this? add more oil, get stiffer springs or what? :confused: any input is great

thanks
how much do you weigh? I weigh 185 and I take my '03 jrt off 9 foot drops and it still has about 2 cm left of travel. And when I do bottom its never hard. add oil and it that wont work, try some stiffer springs.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Springs have very little to do with bottoming, and are used to set up sag correctly. Adjust your oil height if your bottoming harshly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sherpa-
Do you know where I can find a guide for how to adjust oil height? I don't see anything in my manual. I also need to figure out how to replace the springs. Thanks for any help.

G

·
afireinside said:
Don't know the exact stiffness...they are just the "heavy" springs. They came to 38 bucks with shipping. Just ordered them yesterday.I guess they have a 30 day return policy if they don't work out.
thanks, thats all I meant, was heavy or extra heavy or whatever.
pm me with results when you use them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how much do you weigh? I weigh 185 and I take my '03 jrt off 9 foot drops and it still has about 2 cm left of travel. And when I do bottom its never hard. add oil and it that wont work, try some stiffer springs.
im only 145lbs.....?? it bottomed out pretty harshly, sent me over the handlebars :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.