Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From time to time, I see bikers returning to their cars at JPL from a shuttled ride. Apparently there is a scheduled time for meeting for these rides - does anyone know the time. I assume it's pretty early Sat and Sun mornings. Are there any shuttles this weekend? If my friends and I leave a car at JPL and drive to Red Box, how long would the ride back to JPL take? Thanks in advance for any info.

·
cask conditioned
625 Posts
yangpei said:
From time to time, I see bikers returning to their cars at JPL from a shuttled ride. Apparently there is a scheduled time for meeting for these rides - does anyone know the time. I assume it's pretty early Sat and Sun mornings. Are there any shuttles this weekend? If my friends and I leave a car at JPL and drive to Red Box, how long would the ride back to JPL take? Thanks in advance for any info.
Last time I checked, Angeles Crest was closed to Red Box. Anybody know when it'll be open? (for my roadie rides or going to Chilao, not like i'd shuttle ever :) )

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I tried to lookup road info at Caltrans' website, but it was not clear if Angeles Crest Highway was open or not. There are affparently sections closed for construction Fri-Sat and an area closed for mudslide. But, I'm not sure exactly where the closure is. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

·
Lindsay
265 Posts
From what I hear...

Hey trying calling this shop and get more information. I heard a guy name cruz is pretty active w/ the shuttlers... Have fun!

Bicycle Station

(323) 256-0703

Address:
6433 N Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90042

Cross Street:Between Meridian St and Hamlet St

·
Registered
35 Posts
Angeles Crest is open up to Mt Wilson

So you could do the Redbox JPL shuttle. I had head that from Switzer on though was thrashed. We did Vista to some little campground today and then did a short shuttle from Redbox to Switzer and it was in great condition. If anyone has done Redbox to JPL, I'd like to know what kind of shape its in.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Angeles Crest Highway is open through the Mt. Wilson Rd., also known as Red Box. Angeles Crest is closed just past that. Backside (Sturdevant) is thrashed; please don't ride this trail. Cruz doesn't operate a shuttle service anymore. He did it just as a service, and if anybody wanted to pitch in a "tip" for him, that was completely legal, but ANF hassled him until he stopped. Now, pretty much you can just show up around dawn and get a ride up with people. Offering to pitch in some money is VERY helpful in getting somebody to take you up there.

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
front side shuttle open
remember your bells and be alert for hikers
lots of hikers on merrils and sunset ridge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.