Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
new drainages?

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't appreciate all the hard work of the volunteers and all the trail maintenace they do... but whats with all the new drainages at Hartshorne? It seems like alot of them are in places that don't really need them. They seem more like speed bumps than anything else.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm complaining... I was just wondering why.

·
Registered
92 Posts
another peaceful tip

Whole deal with the drainages so that water is not moving so much of the sand and dirt from the trail making less erosion..( channel the water away gentle) anymore questions a suggustion you sould make a day with Trail maintenance date with Jorba. You'll learn lot more then what I'd said.. no disrepect to you peace check out this website www.jorba.org
Evan M.
SwollenYak said:
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't appreciate all the hard work of the volunteers and all the trail maintenace they do... but whats with all the new drainages at Hartshorne? It seems like alot of them are in places that don't really need them. They seem more like speed bumps than anything else.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm complaining... I was just wondering why.

·
Registered
107 Posts
water bars and the like

Swollen Yak.
Hello my name is Mike and i am one of the Master trail volunteers for the Monmouth County Park System. I can see your point, some of those water bars we placed their to help aid or control water runoff and help minimize trail erosion. Hartshorne has so many Mt bike riders we need to establish a how can i say this, Uhmm a better trail standard for that particular park. I have posed an idea to the volunteer coordinator Susan Walsh on me once a month video taping and taking pics of all the trails that need to be fixed and or cleaned up. Susan met with Ziggy he is the head supervisor at Hartshorne Woods, and we have agree something needs to be done to prevent more damage to eroded trails and to prevent someone from getting hurt. So once a month i will be out their filming and taking pics of the trails, also i will have a backpack satellite GPS system on my back to layout all the trails their and mostly to update current trail maps.
If you want to help volunteer for the Trail Maintenance crew contact Susan Walsh at (732) 842-4000 ext 4283 and tell her I sent you. All volunteers with the MCPS must be registered to help out, also you will be required to attend a training class taught by the Master volunteers ( me, Bob, harden) its a blast so come on out.:thumbsup:

Thanks

Mike Flatley
aka- NMBPmike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.