Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the valve leak on my Joplin4 and called to get the "bleed procedure" from CB, I received the following email from Nick at CB. Havent done it yet but will this weekend. Thought this might be useful info:
First off make sure the air in the post is completely out along with the oil by pointing the post away, activating the lever, and cycling the post. Try to position the post upside down and add 65-70ml of 12-15wt suspension fluid. Try to aim in between 65-70ml for a good feel in the post. Most of the oil will go in but you will have to activate the lever or remote bit to allow the oil to transfer to the second chamber of the post. After all the oil is in reinstall the valve and add 60psi while activating the lever until the gauge reads 60psi with the lever or remote bit activated moving the air into the second chamber also. Reassemble post with outer tube and run the post through its cycling motion 5-10 times. If the problem still occurs please call us at (949)464-9916 or create a return authorization ticket on our tech page at crankbrothers.com

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,466 Posts
Good info Craigstr!. Will do my post soon, sounds easy!
Wonder what the amount of oil is for a Joplin 3?
Thanks for the phone#:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... what a PIA! Mine worked better before I changed the oil! I had my valve leaking so I changed the stem and did everything described in the email. Getting the oil in was a pain and now I have about an inch of travel when the post is fully extended that no matter how much I cycle the post, doesnt go away!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Started over today, I found that a syringe from an avid bleed kit will screw into the valve, you have to take off the o-ring so that air will bleed out when the oil is pushed in. I was able to get 70 ml or so in by compressing the shaft and pulling it up while plunging the oil in. Pumped it up to 70 psi until the gauge didnt move when I depressed the remote. Works like a charm now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.